• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Had a good day at Cool Acres 1000yrd range

I've got my best 2 guys translating your range report for me.

View attachment 1298791

That's how I feel reading some of this. I would love to get into long range shooting but there is the whole time and money issue. Plus it feels very over whelming the amount of info needed and used to do it well.

I would be happy with that at 100 yards

That's how I feel reading some of this. I would love to get into long range shooting but there is the whole time and money issue. Plus it feels very over whelming the amount of info needed and used to do it well.

it only gets as expensive as you want it too. You can spend from several hundred to get in the game to several thousand if you really want to get in the game. best advice is next time I have a fun match come out and try some of the rifles that are out there or take one of my classes and use one of my Demo rifles

it only gets as expensive as you want it too. You can spend from several hundred to get in the game to several thousand if you really want to get in the game. best advice is next time I have a fun match come out and try some of the rifles that are out there or take one of my classes and use one of my Demo rifles

Where is it?

It doesn't have to cost a lot to get started,I have a friend who used his Rem 5R for a few years ,I did a custom load development for him for 1000yds which gave him confidence .
One other thing for F-tr you are only shooting against other shooters using 308 so it not as much of an arms race.The other thing nice about F-class for some one new is it is usually shot at one distance .So you can put your 1000yrd zero on your gun before the match and check it to know your elevation is right .l do mine on a 100 yard range and confirm actual zero after.
The gun I shot that match with was a 500$ savage action a $400 barrel and $200 stock. The scope was a 8x32 x56 for around $800.The smile on my face priceless.

Back
Top Bottom