• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Had my first bad experience here

Top or bottom?? ( )( ) or ( . )( . )

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Bottom

Votes: 15 55.6%

• Total voters
The only law in Georgia is that you can't knowingly sell a firearm to a felon. Guns are not registered in Georgia and you do not have to have a bill of sale. Having a BOS is good to have if you unknowingly buy a stolen gun.
Smart folks require a peak at a valid CCW.

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I won't get upset or act like a victim.

How can you tell that you're peeking at a 'valid' GA Weapons Carry License?
How does that protect you if the buyer has committed a felony but never turned in his GWCL?

Rabbit trail but Serious question - does the law REQUIRE a BOS when selling vehicles? I've bought and sold from family and friends without that and never been asked for one when transferring title.
Don't you have to have a bill of sale to get a tag for the first time in your name?

I ask to see a drivers license and carry permit. If they match and the drivers license is not full of staple holes than I'm good. I have never had a bad experience meeting/trading/buying or selling here on the trader. Been doing it for a few years now. PM's are a good way to determine the validity of the deal and I always end up talking to the person before we meet. Only once did I get push back on a post about requiring a conceal carry permit.

I carry everywhere I go except as not allowed and listed in the carry permit laws, (schools, court etc). I carry on premises that have No Gun signs. As long as they aren't searching they won't know. I'm spending my money at their business and silently/covertly protecting everyone within my sight. Anyhow you can't get arrested if a restaurant has a No Guns sign and you sit down to eat. Just keep it concealed. If they find out you are carrying they can ask you to leave and you should but you aren't going to get arrested unless you brandish it or threaten. If you do that you are not very smart and do not deserve to carry.
Parking lots, gas stations and ATMs' are the high threat area. Sorry if I hijacked this thread.

The only law in Georgia is that you can't knowingly sell a firearm to a felon. Guns are not registered in Georgia and you do not have to have a bill of sale. Having a BOS is good to have if you unknowingly buy a stolen gun.
Smart folks require a peak at a valid CCW.

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I won't get upset or act like a victim.

Excellent and as far as I know that is exactly right. I don't do a BOS either way. Just my preference.

I do always show my CCW if buying or selling and ask to see one anytime I have not done a firearm deal with someone before. I think some of the issue in this post (before the rabbit trails) was the wording of "peek at CCW appreciated" - I am a pretty literal guy so "appreciated" does not mean required (but if me, I would show it anyway). But if PMs clarified the expectation to see a CCW then the buyer should've clearly said that he did not have one UP FRONT.

Had a guy on here once offer to meet me to purchase a gun and he clearly told me he had neither CCW or GA DL. Said he lived in GA but had not gotten his license changed yet. I politely declined. All done in PMs, all polite, no wasted time and no issues.

Communication - clear, honest and UP FRONT is the key.

Heck the one Neg I have is from a deal that I backed out of selling a gun to another member before the meet so I deserve it and I get that but even in that case I advised him before either of us travelled to meet.

I don't put many limitations on myself or others, as long as they don't interfere with my or other's life, liberty or pursuit of happiness. If you look like a thug, on drugs, or nuts we're not dealing. I see a few future HOA presidents posting up.

Just don't sell to anyone with face, neck, or hand tattoos and you will be safe from prosecution.

Well,damn. I was thinking about selling a pair of matching dueling pistols to Conor McGregor and Cody Garbrandt !! :becky:

CR48gF_UkAA5hM4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom