• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ham Radio People Metro ATL

I'm off Barrett parkway. Technician "plus" (can't remember but a few morse.code letters now. Heck I forgot what SOS is)

I have a baofeng HT. Occasionally I'll turn it on and listen but not too much in the last 10 years.

It's still an incredible resource if cell phones go down (power loss, hurricane or "public safety"). We should all practice more for sure.

I have some fond memories of learning Morse code back and forth with my stepdad 25 years ago. back then it was amazing that you could make a phone call through a radio!

for the baofeng I have the chirp software and programming cable. It's an amazing radio for only thirty bucks. I have it programmed but there's still some issue about hitting the repeaters and the subcodes.

KE4FHT

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

What is a Patcomm?
Older model HF transciever.
A8A783E8-45DF-4D69-91D6-9FB7EF22DA78.jpeg

Yep, I remember learning the code to get to 5 wpm to get my Technician license in 1975. ...---... look familiar?
Like I mentioned earlier, I've been off for 30+ years, just too much other stuff to spend time and money on. Plan on retiring next June and acquiring my toys for use later! I have 3 hobbies, photography, shooting and ham radio. I need to find a cheap hobby!

I'm off Barrett parkway. Technician "plus" (can't remember but a few morse.code letters now. Heck I forgot what SOS is)

I have a baofeng HT. Occasionally I'll turn it on and listen but not too much in the last 10 years.

It's still an incredible resource if cell phones go down (power loss, hurricane or "public safety"). We should all practice more for sure.

I have some fond memories of learning Morse code back and forth with my stepdad 25 years ago. back then it was amazing that you could make a phone call through a radio!

for the baofeng I have the chirp software and programming cable. It's an amazing radio for only thirty bucks. I have it programmed but there's still some issue about hitting the repeaters and the subcodes.

KE4FHT

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

There are so many digital modes and internet access like using Echo link to access repeaters all over the world with a tablet or smart phone it’s staggering.

Back
Top Bottom