• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ham Radio People Metro ATL

40 meters with a homemade dipole about 6 feet above ground (NVIS) works nicely for me. I can usually cover a 300 to 600 mile radius with 100 watts or less.
Of that 300 to 600 mile radius, can you communicate with someone at 10 miles or 25 or 55 or 90 or ...?

Is the antenna location on a mountain?

A 40m dipole is almost 70 feet long. That might be a hard hide from the HOA.

Of that 300 to 600 mile radius, can you communicate with someone at 10 miles or 25 or 55 or 90 or ...?

Is the antenna location on a mountain?

A 40m dipole is almost 70 feet long. That might be a hard hide from the HOA.
Unless you have a metal roof there's no reason you can't have a 40m dipole in your attic.

I’ve thought about it but so many people know my current 2x3 call sign I am hesitant to change. Are you going to get a vanity call sign?
I have been thinking about it. Heck, I still haven't pulled the trigger on a radio. Even I realize how stupid it would be for me to get a vanity call sign and not have a radio.

I am getting my house painted this month, and I just noticed soggy ground caused by a water main leak at my house. Plumbers are coming and will want to be paid.

The radio equipment has gotten moved to the back burner for a while.

I have seen where several HT radios can be easily modified to allow transmitting on GMRS frequencies.

That really cancels the need for a GMRS radio. I realize a GMRS license would be required to transmit on those frequencies.

Back
Top Bottom