• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hamlin.....

They did last yr..and Dale Jr.was their big spokesman....said the flag should be only in the history books and not seen at the tracks
Yep, and I was a big Jr. fan until the day I saw him do that. That was the last time I watched NASCAR, I had been a stock car fan all my life because my Dad & I were at the dirt tracks every weekend when I was growing up. When NASCAR televised the 1979 Daytona 500 and Allison & Yarborough duked it out at the end of the race I got hooked on NASCAR. Dale Sr. was my driver until he got killed, then I started pulling for Jr. Now they can ALL kiss my ass. I'm still a NHRA fan though, if you've ever seen a top fuel dragster do 325 mph in 4 seconds you'll know why. That kind of speed is just CRAZY!!!

Fixed it for you. No other sight or sound to match it.
Yep, thanks. I thought about that but neglected to put that in my post. Those things were setting off car alarms in the parking lot 1/4 mile away the first time I went in the 90's! It has to be experienced, you can't really tell somebody and get em' to fully understand. Lol

Yep, thanks. I thought about that but neglected to put that in my post. Those things were setting off car alarms in the parking lot 1/4 mile away the first time I went in the 90's! It has to be experienced, you can't really tell somebody and get em' to fully understand. Lol

So true, and there's no way to record it to get the real feelings/sound.

They did last yr..and Dale Jr.was their big spokesman....said the flag should be only in the history books and not seen at the tracks
Gotta be politically correct or else the sponsors shy away. Biggest challenge for a driver is mention them all in an interview without getting tounge tied and having a brain fart thanking the wrong car manufacturer. Seen it happen. I lost interest long time ago. Dale Sr. could win a race with a sub par car. I would like to see Danica win one but she is just a billboard. Richard Petty was right. Hope Chase does well just cause I think he is a good kid from a good family all the while Kurt is the one we love to hate. At least they haven't caved on the benediction before every race.

Back
Top Bottom