• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Handgun at 18??

OmarB1300

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
Whenever I create a “want to buy “post Sometimes I get PM or comments saying I can’t buy one until I’m 21. But Georgia laws say otherwise i could legally own one at 18 and buy one in a private sell but I cannot buy one from a licensed dealer until I’m 21:(. But I want to hear some of y’all opinion’s Do you think it’s a good idea for me to buy one at 18 or there’s no problem with it ?

There is nothing wrong or illegal about someone selling a handgun to you, if you are 18 and otherwise not prohibited from owning a gun.

But the problem is there is a higher inherent risk to selling to someone who is not 21.
That risk is not written in any law, but most people remember their years between 18 and 21.
And believe it or not, but your brain will (or at least should) do a lot more developing in the next 3 years.

There is nothing wrong or illegal about someone selling a handgun to you, if you are 18 and otherwise not prohibited from owning a gun.

But the problem is there is a higher inherent risk to selling to someone who is not 21.
That risk is not written in any law, but most people remember their years between 18 and 21.
And believe it or not, but your brain will (or at least should) do a lot more developing in the next 3 years.

Very true peoples mindsets at the age of 18-21 tend to change

For people under 21, their parents can always gift them a handgun. I got my first one when I was 12 or 13 and always had a pistol in the car when I got my drivers license at 16. I was also reasonable responsible and not a hot-head. I'm not saying I never did anything stupid, there was plenty of that, but never anything stupid with a gun.

Back
Top Bottom