• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Handgun caliber arguments are dumb

Any time a bullet pushes incompressable (mostly liquid) tissue out of the way, there is a shock wave that travels away from the wound track and damages other stuff, over-stimulates nerves, etc.
This can happen at speeds far below Mach 2.
If you know of some scientific definition of "hydrostatic shock" that requires 2,200 f.p.s. at impact, please post a link.

She makes a compelling case...

Bullet placement is key and if that was the only factor than a 22 would be fine.
Under duress most cannot hit the aimed point about 90% or more of the time.
In a life and death situation you will say and do things you can’t imagine.
Motor skills deteriorate and opponents don’t stand still.
I want the most bang for my buck, so to speak. That means I want the most powerful cartridge with as much capacity as practical and I can effectively deploy. That will be different for everyone.
Why do 9mm fan boys constantly have to justify their choice?:boink:

Bullet placement is key and if that was the only factor than a 22 would be fine.
Under duress most cannot hit the aimed point about 90% or more of the time.
In a life and death situation you will say and do things you can’t imagine.
Motor skills deteriorate and opponents don’t stand still.
I want the most bang for my buck, so to speak. That means I want the most powerful cartridge with as much capacity as practical and I can effectively deploy. That will be different for everyone.
Why do 9mm fan boys constantly have to justify their choice?:boink:

9mm fans don’t have to justify anything. The facts do that for us. :cool:

F a lil 9mm.

There are typically eight pellets with a diameter of .36 inches in a 000 buck round, depending on the shell size and manufacturer.

Buckshot
US Size UK Size Nominal diameter
#000 Buck LG .36" (9.1 mm)

She makes a compelling case...

She proved that her jugs jiggle when she shoots heavy recoiling guns, and those high-powered rifles that she shoots make plastic bottles and metal cans of liquid splatter everywhere.

Here's a video of a guy making a soda bottle filled with liquid explode the same way, but he is using a 12 gauge shotgun which will typically fire its 1 ounce slug at about 1600 ft./s.

You should use the most powerful round that you can shoot accurately and rapidly in a platform with a high enough capacity, but small enough that you will carry regularly.

If that round is only a .380 and you are a normal healthy adult, you need to do a lot more training.

I feel equally about common calibers 9mm and larger. Any of them are fine. I just want to stop the threat and survive. That's the goal. Yes it would be a use of deadly force, but I don't care if they die as long as they are stopped.

I agree handgun caliber debates are stupid, although they can be entertaining.

Back
Top Bottom