• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Handgun preferences changed or changing or is it my imagination

I would like a link to the police report or news article. Although I’d doubt the media account.
Frequent urban legend to point out the “dangers of FMJ
This did happen. It was right in the middle of the expanded background check bill that failed after sandy hook. I remember it being chest shots not head and neck. The bg broke in her house, she and her 2 small girls hid in the closet upstairs. Bg found them and she emptied a 5 shot 38 special in him. She was on the phone with her husband who had only the weekend before it orso had started to reach her to shoot.

Article says he had puncture wounds in his lungs and liver so obviously all five shots weren't to the face and neck.

That makes more sense. Probably one face shot one neck shot and 3 body shot. With full metal jackets out of a 38 it's understandable how someone could still be able to fight or flight with just a few small holes poked randomly in him.

Caliber debates are dumb, but not as dumb as carrying fmj's for defense no matter what the caliber.
Lots of dead Germans dead bc of a 45 fmj not to mention Japanese and Koreans...

But that’s the point...the “freak” part of this story is that she hit him with all five shots. That’s the “one in a million” part. Most of us, no matter how good we think we’d do, wouldn’t get most our shots in our attacker. My point was that capacity could matter. I’d rather have a few more bangs than five, regardless of caliber.
She was at point blank range

Back
Top Bottom