• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Handgun preferences changed or changing or is it my imagination

Oh yeah, I forgot about muh "too wurld whaws! "
Actually I prefer. A hollow point in a 45, but a soft point heavy 158 gain bullet in 357. 9mm I prefer heavy 147 grain alternated in the mag hp and fp, keep in mind I rolling my own ammo and it is +p+ level in all handgun calibers. If 10mm in the gun for the day I like to roll with 180 speer gold dot hp over 12.7 grains of 2400 or 11 grains of blue dot that will push that 180 at over 1250 out of my 5" 1911. I have gotten good expansion out of soft point 240 gain bullets in big game animals in 44 mag.

Actually I prefer. A hollow point in a 45, but a soft point heavy 158 gain bullet in 357. 9mm I prefer heavy 147 grain alternated in the mag hp and fp, keep in mind I rolling my own ammo and it is +p+ level in all handgun calibers. If 10mm in the gun for the day I like to roll with 180 speer gold dot hp over 12.7 grains of 2400 or 11 grains of blue dot that will push that 180 at over 1250 out of my 5" 1911. I have gotten good expansion out of soft point 240 gain bullets in big game animals in 44 mag.
Keep in mind I am not saying one should use fmj in their handguns. I don't unless that is all it will feed. I have a officer model 1911 and that is all it will eat. Fmj isn't the best choice however it will get the job done if u do your part. All our soldiers today are using non expanding rounds because that's what international law requires. they are still killing bad guys.

Keep in mind I am not saying one should use fmj in their handguns. I don't unless that is all it will feed. I have a officer model 1911 and that is all it will eat. Fmj isn't the best choice however it will get the job done if u do your part. All our soldiers today are using non expanding rounds because that's what international law requires. they are still killing bad guys.

I think you're severely over estimating the role a handgun plays in combat. The number of soldiers killed in combat by handguns is probably extremely small. Despite popular boomer beliefs the 1911 and 45acp had 0 impact on the outcome of the two world wars. I know that's a tough pill to swallow :lol:

I think you're severely over estimating the role a handgun plays in combat. The number of soldiers killed in combat by handguns is probably extremely small. Despite popular boomer beliefs the 1911 and 45acp had 0 impact on the outcome of the two world wars. I know that's a tough pill to swallow :lol:
I know the 45 didn't win the war. I would venture to say. More people been shot with a hand in war then all the sd and police shooting combined.

Despite popular boomer beliefs the 1911 and 45acp had 0 impact on the outcome of the two world wars. I know that's a tough pill to swallow :lol:

shut-whore-mouth.gif

I highly highly doubt that.
Between 50 and 80 million people were killed in ww2 if only 1 percent were killed by handguns that is 1/2 million people. according to the stats I looked up the avg number of death by hand gun in the us per year not counting suicides less than 2000. Thats going to take you a long time to reach a half million

Between 50 and 80 million people were killed in ww2 if only 1 percent were killed by handguns that is 1/2 million people. according to the stats I looked up the avg number of death by hand gun in the us per year not counting suicides less than 2000. Thats going to take you a long time to reach a half million
Yeah I highly doubt it was anywhere near 1% were killed by handguns.

Back
Top Bottom