• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Handgun preferences changed or changing or is it my imagination

Worrying about which is a better man stopper, when our chances of having to stop a man is less than winning the lottery... and by better, we are talking like small differences... seems silly.
All the while I stand a better chance of having a heart attack and dont have time to exercise and eat right because Im on a forum eating cheeseburgers.
Sorry I realize this was not your angle but my conscious kicked me

All the while I stand a better chance of having a heart attack and dont have time to exercise and eat right because Im on a forum eating cheeseburgers.
Sorry I realize this was not your angle but my conscious kicked me

But it's a valid point. Worrying about one caliber over the other, or thinking that in the real world your chances are significantly better with a 45 over a 9, while your chances of having a heart attack from the strain of fighting for your life is probably more likely, is well taken...

I prefer .45GAP because Glock invented it.

Something about "perfection" if I recall correctly.
I detest anything with a gap in it.........
20181117_164650.jpg

9mm seems to be a better choice over 45. When it cones to stopping bad guys 9,40, and 45 do about the same. So why not carry a 9? You’ll have more rounds in same size guns.

How about just shooting a caliber you shoot well. Be it 45acp, 9mm, 40, or the almighty 10mm. A good bullet to the vitals will be a bad day for anyone. But, I'm sure someone will link the WHAT IF story.

How about just shooting a caliber you shoot well. Be it 45acp, 9mm, 40, or the almighty 10mm. A good bullet to the vitals will be a bad day for anyone. But, I'm sure someone will link the WHAT IF story.

NO! Only my choice is the right one! haha

I have carry guns in tons of calibers... But I do prefer 9mm for it's stopping power, roughly the same as a 45, and the fact that the same size gun can carry roughly double the rounds with less recoil. That's less spare mags to worry about, less having to stop and reload, etc... So when you look at the 2% difference in stopping power, but add back in the extra rounds and less reloads during use, the favor tips to the 9mm.

Of course you can carry a large heavy 45 to get the round count up... but I hate carrying a cinder block on my hip all day.

Besides, I carry a 5 shot revolver more often than not, so who cares what I think?

Back
Top Bottom