• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Handgun transfer question

172   0
Reaction score
Question for experts.

I got a good buddy in Texas. Wants to give me 2 hand guns. We are both legal to own in our states. He is in Texas and i am in Georgia.

Question 1)
Is FFL transfer the only way?

Question 2)
If he flies into town and properly declares the item and brings it to GA. Do we still need a FFL?

Thanks

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

Question for experts.

I got a good buddy in Texas. Wants to give me 2 hand guns. We are both legal to own in our states. He is in Texas and i am in Georgia.

Question 1)
Is FFL transfer the only way?

Question 2)
If he flies into town and properly declares the item and brings it to GA. Do we still need a FFL?

Thanks

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

yes and yes. will be easier to do It in GA...for you.

The only way to avoid using an FFL to transfer these handguns would be for your friend to leave them specifically to you in his will,
and then die.
(that last part is what keeps more people from using this option.)

No, long term loans are a "transfer" too.
Especially outside of the scenario of the lender going hunting with you so that you and your buddy both use your buddy's hunting guns on the hunt.

Have nothing to add to the above posts.

An ODT miracle, everyone posted a correct answer, and nothing that would get someone a vacation at Club Fed.

I'm waiting to hear how the gun gifts would be legal as long as the guns were driven across the state lines in a private passenger vehicle, enclosed containers locked in the trunk.
Because, well, because you know your home is an extension of your car (or something like that.)

Back
Top Bottom