• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hankook Tires

DTM Builder

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
25   0
Reaction score
Does anyone have an opinion of this brand of tires?

I have Michelin LTX tire on my truck now but they're $750 for a new set and I was quoted $420 out the door for a similar tire made by Hankook. I really like the ones on the truck now and have gotten really good treadlife out of them, I'm having trouble making up my mind.

all matters on the actual tire not the brand. Hankook makes some very good tires but also just like it was stated above, they also make economy tires. Now their economy tires are still good tires but i would look up the exact tires and see how they rate compared to what your running now. but as just a general answer they are good tires. Come factory on most JDM cars. One thing i tell anyone looking at tires is look up the exact ones your looking at and do as much research as possible, tires are something you'll only ever buy a couple sets of over the course of the life of the vehicle and one of the biggest things you can tell a quality difference in, so make sure your getting what you want even if its a little more, its not worth putting up with crappy tires for 50000 miles.

Similar brands that should be around that price to also look at would be, yokohama, toyo, nitto

Michelin LTX tires is the only tire I'll use on my trucks...just put a set on my F150 last month...Discount Tire had a super 4th of July deal on them...$150 rebate on 4 installed.

Go with the Michelin. Best ride, more miles if you keep the tires balanced and wheel alignment correct. I can get around 80,000-90,000 miles out of a set - lucky to get 40,000 out of the Goodyear Wranglers and Toyo tires that came on the vehicles.

All tire manufacturers have good and not good tread designs and styles. Every brand, every size, every vehicle application will give you different results. Hankooks on my VW Beetle will not have the same results as Hankooks on an F250.​

Michelin is probably the top performance brand for car tires out there. their SUV/truck tires are very very good. Hankook makes a wide variety of tires. I've put a set on the wifes performance car a few years ago (M3) and they worked very well.

for an SUV another option are the Pirelli Scorpion ATR tires. I put a set on a few Jeeps I had over the years and was very impressed. Price was very reasonable (Discount Tire locally).

Thanks for all the replies!
I'm going to trust my friend with the tire store and give them a try. My truck is a 2002 Tacoma 2wd so I don't need all terrain tires, just street tires. The ones that were on it when I bought it I would call "car tires" and they were crap.

Back
Top Bottom