• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Happy Birthday I-Pod

TresMonos

Wolf Icon Lifetime Supporter
It's Great To Be Back Home
138   0
Reaction score
Even though I dislike Apple's proprietary nature, you cannot deny the impact it has had on technological advances.

wN90Cagh.jpg

Apple's new digital music player, iPod, is displayed after its introduction by Apple Computer Inc. chief executive officer Steve Jobs during a news conference Tuesday, Oct. 23, 2001 in Cupertino, Calif. Macintosh owners can download 1,000 compact disc quality songs onto the iPod's five gigabyte hard drive in less than 10 minutes. The MP3 player works only on Macintoshes running Apple's proprietary operating systems and iTunes 2, the company's latest music software.

It was a blessing and a curse.

The merging of digital technology and music has brought a lot of advancements and convenience, but it also allows untalented people to produce music and have it marketed as if it were good.

Case in point: Anybody see the TI music video during halftime of last night's football game? I turned to my wife and said, "This guy is considered a talent?"

I liked it better when the Beatles stuff got so complex, they couldn't play it live. I think that was the height of modern music craftsmanship, and we'll never get back there. It was worth paying for an album in those days.

Even though I dislike Apple's proprietary nature, you cannot deny the impact it has had on technological advances.

wN90Cagh.jpg

Apple's new digital music player, iPod, is displayed after its introduction by Apple Computer Inc. chief executive officer Steve Jobs during a news conference Tuesday, Oct. 23, 2001 in Cupertino, Calif. Macintosh owners can download 1,000 compact disc quality songs onto the iPod's five gigabyte hard drive in less than 10 minutes. The MP3 player works only on Macintoshes running Apple's proprietary operating systems and iTunes 2, the company's latest music software.

Dude... All I can say is...
Where do you get your nails done? :boink::boink::boink: :)
...and... Hard to believe it has been 17 years...

I have a classic 80GB, 160GB and I think a 260GB somewhere. But my iPhone has 128gbs and I can stream from my hundreds of GBs located in my cloud(s)

Back
Top Bottom