• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Harbor Freight electric 5 ton log splitter. $311 out the door

testdepth

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
51   0
Reaction score
I just bought one and used it to split a whole pickup bed of logs 6" to a little over 20" in diameter. It would not do the really wet oak but did all the rest without a problem. Best Freight tool I've bought and would recommend. Oak, pine, pecan and maple.

It split a stack over 8' long and 5' tall 2' wide in 2hrs.

That’s good to hear. I bought a used 5 ton electric ryobi from my sons coworker and I’ve been pretty satisfied. Like you said occasionally I get one it won’t split but most of the time it’s good. I also have split some 14-16” oak

dang-dirt.jpg

I threw a piece of one week on the ground oak on it about 20 inches across and 16 inches long. Split it easy.

One thing I did have to do was drain the fluid and replace it with Dextron II. The unit I bought was not completely full with the unobtanium AW32 hydraulic fluid so I had to refill with tranny fluid.

I just bought one and used it to split a whole pickup bed of logs 6" to a little over 20" in diameter. It would not do the really wet oak but did all the rest without a problem. Best Freight tool I've bought and would recommend. Oak, pine, pecan and maple.

It split a stack over 8' long and 5' tall 2' wide in 2hrs.
You don’t burn pine indoors do you?

Back
Top Bottom