• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hard Labor Creek State Park Hunt

Rugerfan

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
24   1
Reaction score
I just applied for the Hard Labor Creek state park hunt. Has anyome had any experience in the past hunting there? I haven't even been to the park yet, was just wondering if anybody has had success out there, and what their overall experience was like.

Thanks

I scouted it some. I did not hunt because I did not find a spot that looked good that was also far enough away from roads and paths. I was pretty sure I'd have folks hunting or travelling close to me. Not my idea of a fun hunt. If you don't mind company, just look at a topo map to find funnels and check to see if those funnels leads to thick bedding areas. Once the pressure hits, the deer will be driven by you. Downside is that you will probably see the bucks first and not be able to shoot them.

I have been going thwere for years i didn't hunt there but i have seen some monster bucks there running across the golf corses and standing in the road were you go in and all around the creeks and lake .

"Are you required to have a wma stamp if you are scouting??????? "

I would not think you need a stamp if you are not hunting.... Hikers and such have not been required to have licenses when they use the WMAs..... IMHO

I've hunted it..Good place to go..I saw deer everytime I went in the woods..I did find a place where no other hunters were..It was nice! I'll be putting in for it again this year.

Back
Top Bottom