• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hard tail experience

Bennyboy

Default rank <3500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
262   0
Reaction score
Anyone here have one? Never ridden one myself but love the look of a hard tail bobber. Maybe even someone out there willing to let me sit/ride theirs around the block?

Had a kick only 74 cubic inch shovelhead in a rigid Paughco frame. Miss the scoot, but don't miss wrenchin' on that bastard.
Also had a hot rod 113" s & s in a rigid UCC frame (Ground Pounder)
Never got into the ultra soft Charmin bikes with fairings .............although a radio woulda been great.:rockon:

Biggest question to ask is: How's yer back? :becky:

I used to build custom bikes, once built a wide tire hardtail (also Paughco frame) with a kickin shovelhead motor. Thing was fast as sin, soon as I twisted the throttle there was no rear suspension to absorb the torque and it freaking took off. The look was cool, the ride sucked. I felt every pebble and God forbid I rode a bumpy or pothole ridden road. Now, I'm way too long in the tooth to put up with that kind of ride. But I still like the look....current ride is a "restomod" '87 Heritage Softail with 96" twin cam motor and a whole bunch of goodies that makes it look new, but it still rides hard like the old softails.
75242132_10220769063920673_8408535445662597120_n (1).jpg

Check my past posts, I had a west coast chopper I sold a few years ago. Loved it, but once you hit a certain age the hard tail is a hard pass. Never again.

Back
Top Bottom