• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hard to watch them grow up

Yes sometimes you have to let go a little, so that they will start to begin to hang on to you because they really like to know you love them unconditionally and that you will protect them also, boys beginning to assert their independence is tough on both, DAD & SON...

Find some hobbies. Or have another kid?

My two teenagers are always off doing something. Cheerleading, Band, work, friends...etc.

However my 7 year old is my little shadow. Nice to be in my mid 40's and still have a young one who likes to be around me. Haha

It's time to find stuff to do you like to do.

Find some hobbies. Or have another kid?

My two teenagers are always off doing something. Cheerleading, Band, work, friends...etc.

However my 7 year old is my little shadow. Nice to be in my mid 40's and still have a young one who likes to be around me. Haha

It's time to find stuff to do you like to do.

Still have an 8 year old girl and a 1 year old boy to keep me busy. I am in my mid 40's as well. Started my family later in life. Waited until we had good careers and income established. The wife and I both came from rough upbringing.

Remember, it's about him now. Not you or your wife. My son is 20 now and we were very close (still are but it's different now) and it was a bitter sweet transition to accept his moving forward on his own but as a parent it always has to be about putting the child first.

It's all about communication. Let him go do his thing and find his way through situations but be there to talk about it afterwards. Let him tell his story and listen without giving advice unless asked to do so. Ask questions and let him tell you his thoughts. Take pride in his ability to handle and negotiate these things on his own. He will need guidance down the line and how you act now will determine whether he comes to you or goes to others for help and advice.

Back
Top Bottom