• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hard to watch them grow up

I know exactly what you mean, went through the same thing with my son. He graduated h/s last year, and is a freshman at KSU. Last summer he told me he wanted to move out and live closer to campus. My initial reaction was devastation, I'll be honest. I had raised him to be a self sufficient young man, but I didn't want to 'let go'. I was talking to my pastor, and he said "well, didn't you raise him to succeed on his own??" I did, and he is doing it. I couldn't be a prouder dad.

Side story: he put too many clothes in the dryer, and the belt broke. I called a local repair guy, and he said it would run over $100 parts and labor. Called my son, he said I'll get back to you. Long story short, he bought a belt, watched few videos, and repaired it. Told me $15 for a belt was better than over $100 lol.

I feel your pain, son is now 34 and letting go is difficult. Enjoy your time now and get ready for changes. First your a hero, then your dumber than c**p, then they realize that your not that dump but pretty smart. Best part is watching them grow up and becoming a adult. Keep him interested in scouts, had to push mine to complete his Eagle Scout project, they will thank you later !

I have a 12 year old daughter...Whew. I know the feeling. Everything I do or say around her friends is embarrassing to her. Luckily all her friends think I'm a pretty cool Dad. The only thing that saves me is I still get to read and sing to her every night before she goes to bed. I have done that every night for 12 years. Not sure how much longer that will last.

Mine are 12 and 14. Both straight A students and talented in athletics. But yes the times they want to be around are less and less. Went fishing 2 weeks ago on odd day off from baseball and had a blast.Tomorrow he(14) wants to hang with his friends. Seems like yesterday I was changing diapers. My advice: impart love and wisdom at every chance

This is why Moms shouldn't be involved in Boy Scout adventure activities. Moms need to stay home and rest up so they can patch 'em up when they return. And that's when the boys need their Moms.

hey now, i'm a mom
I was a boy scout leader for 3 years

my rule if it ain't pumping out blood, I don't need to know about it

Back
Top Bottom