• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Harley Davidson......lesson learned today

Another option is Kotic Kustoms in Woodstock on Bells Ferry Road just about 1/2 mile north of Hwy 92. Good guys and will work on anything, although Harleys are 90% of their work; they also do customs and a lot of modifications that others won't touch.

Back in the 80's, when I started riding Harleys, there were 2 dealers in the metro area. The mechanics there, heck most every employee, were old grizzled scooter trash. They had been wrenchin Harleys since they started riding them. It seemed to stay that way until the Harley bubble started expanding in the 200. During that bubble Harley abandoned their longtime customer base IMO. They jumped on the yuppie money and never looked back. Most of the old knowledgeable guys left or got run off. Consequently whats left doesnt know their ass from their elbo.When I do break down and go to the dealer for parts...I ask for a part number. I got sick of being told they didnt have it or its too old to look up so I just ask for what I want.

As for the EVO...I ride a 97 Heritage Softail that has 98 rear wheel HP and 100 ft pounds of torque. I put in a Baker 6 speed trapdoor kit and dropped the primary gear 1 tooth. Its got a ton of other mods and nobody put a wrench to it but me. Butch Shirley in Fayetteville flowed the stock heads and ground me a cam. I was his test bike for cam grinds and exhaust for over a year. I installed and rode his cams for a month or so then let him dyno the bike, then swapped it for a different grind. That was fun!! EVO's rule and friends dont let friends ride twin cams!!

Suck ass Harley dealerships USUALLY won't touch anything pre evo. Shovelhead and older are SOL at the dealership. Can't believe they wouldn't take your bike. As tas6691 tas6691 said, it's all about the yuppie /RUB dollar now. F*** willie g.

Suck ass Harley dealerships USUALLY won't touch anything pre evo. Shovelhead and older are SOL at the dealership. Can't believe they wouldn't take your bike. As tas6691 tas6691 said, it's all about the yuppie /RUB dollar now. F*** willie g.

The guys workin at the dealers now have never seen a shovel or iron head...much less worked on one. I want another trouble head.....but I dont! LOL

Well at least this will keep me outta the dealership so I won't be enamored by the sight and smell of a new bike so
in the long run it'll save me a boat load of money...... sorry Harley !!

Put a set of tires on my neighbors Harley last week. If I was planning on doing much of that stuff, I'd get the MC wheel adapter for my Coates tire machine.

Online tires are much cheaper than the dealership, and delivery was 2 business days.

Back
Top Bottom