• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Has anyone besides me never owned a Glock?

Don't let your dislike of "Glock Fans" deter you. Buy it, shoot it, and if you dislike it, you can sell it for more than you bought it for on ODT. Get it in FDE and you'll make money.

I'm not part of the cult, but I own some, and like them.

Exactly. The fanboys are a deterrent, but like mosquitoes who really get on your nerves, don't let them stop you from trying it out. No brand is paying me so I have no loyalty. If they work for you, great. If not, toss 'em.

I have owned every 9 mm Glock and sold them thinking I found something better....Im back to a Glock. I love the ease of complete teardown, modifications and the reliability. For a polymer gun its hard to beat across the board.

This is exactly why I like them.

Glocks are not the best at anything, other than simplicity, but they do lots of things well, and the market for them and their accessories makes them all that more attractive.

Glocks are like a good mutt, they ain't pretty, they won't impress your neighbors, but they are good solid reliable companions that do what they are supposed to do. Sure you can spend a lot more money on an impressive firearm or a registered and pedigreed dog, but you don't get much more. And like the mutt, after a while the Glock's ugliness and reliability grow on you.

The Honda Civic comparison is a good one.

I do think some put them on a pedestal a little taller than necessary. I've shot them, but they never felt right in my hand.

19 and 43 here. They aren't flashy, but they shoot well, carry well, and I haven't cleaned the 19 in over 1k rds of suppressed fire, dirty as **** and it still gobbles up my weak ass suppressor reloads. Tough to beat!

If you haven't shot one, rent one at the range before buying and save yourself some money. Like any gun you have to get use to the trigger and grip angle.

I put in a $25 Ghost trigger kit into every Glock I've owned and replaced the factory parts when I sold it. Polishing the internals and that cheap kit makes all the difference to me. The nice thing is you can install a trigger kit in a Glock in about 15 min; for example the Smith and Wesson kit took about 2 hours with pulling the sights to get access to the safety spring.

Back
Top Bottom