• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Has anyone besides me never owned a Glock?

Only Gen 1's and 2's, and only larger frame models.

Not a fan of finger grooves on the frame. If I could get a Gen4 without it (ignoring the possibility of "bubba-ing it"), I'd buy one.

image.jpeg

I had a Model 37 that was my carry gun in the early 90's. My wife decided she wanted to shoot some and could shoot that little Model 37 better than I could, so I figured she'd like another one. I figured something with adjustable sights and a longer barrel.

Thanks to JHW keeping me pointed in the right direction.
We are now proud owners of two old S&W revolvers a Model 19 6" and a Model 28 6". She shoots the lighter Model 19 and I love that beefy 28. I've been reloading light .38 rounds and we're having a ball. She's hitting, I'm hitting and we're standing there with big grins on our faces.

Thank God I reload! I bought one box of WWB in .38, 100 rounds cost me over $40! We're having way too much fun to have to limit ourselves because of the cost.

It appears to me the Model 28 was a cops gun. The only marks on the gun are on the cylinder right where it would rub against the inside snap on a holster. That actually adds to the mystique. It didn't need a click of sight adjustment to shoot the bull. I figured it had been shot a lot and was probably really dirty inside, so I got gutsy and took the side plate off. Though I did clean everything up it was almost as clean as when they put it together at the factory. That side plate is a super tight fit and makes me realize how tight the tolerances are on a gun like this. American engineering at its finest!
he's Go, I had a 28 6". Beat handgun I ever owned. Last month I acquired one just lie the one I had to sell. They are so much fun.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom