• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Has anyone else tried this? Looks like a good gun cleaner...

What do you use to lube your pistol

• Vaseline

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Hopps

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • WD 40

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Tacos

Votes: 11 55.0%

• Total voters
Any light oil will work.

Firearms are not high stress compared to the other things oils are expected to protect.

ATF fluid is synthetic whale oil and is about as good as you can get. Whale oil was the oil of choice for watches when they needed, i.e. the finest oil in the world. 3 'n 1 oil.

It's just so much sexier to use the later $8.00/oz. Wonder Slick.

For what it's worth, in the rest of the world "canola" is the rape plant. Canola oil used to be sold as "rape seed oil" but then someone realized that wasn't a PC name, so it became "canola". Actually, canola is an improved variety of rapeseed.

Oil is oil at a certain level... whether it's dead dinos or canolas (what the heck is a 'canola' BTW?).
Canola oil is mostly made from a plant called Rapeseed (Brassica napus) , lets just say the name did not go over well so they made up a new name

WD40 is not an effective lubricant. Great for freeing things up, but very poor for lubricating long term, lots of solvent in it.

So hosing my guns down with brake cleaner and then with WD 40 is not a good plan ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Canoli looks surprisingly like tacos, really sugary tacos

upload_2017-7-29_12-6-42.png

Oil is oil at a certain level... whether it's dead dinos or canolas (what the heck is a 'canola' BTW?).
Would you buy it if the bottle said rape seed?
Rapeseed, also known as rape, oilseed rape, rapa, rappi, rapaseed, is a bright-yellow flowering member of the family Brassicaceae, consumed in China and Southern Africa as a vegetable.Wikipedia

Scientific name: Brassica napus

Back
Top Bottom