• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Has anyone else tried this? Looks like a good gun cleaner...

What do you use to lube your pistol

• Vaseline

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Hopps

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • WD 40

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Tacos

Votes: 11 55.0%

• Total voters
Would you buy it if the bottle said rape seed?
Rapeseed, also known as rape, oilseed rape, rapa, rappi, rapaseed, is a bright-yellow flowering member of the family Brassicaceae, consumed in China and Southern Africa as a vegetable.Wikipedia

Scientific name: Brassica napus
People often get confused about the difference between canola oil and rapeseed oil. These two plant-based cooking oils, however, are different. Here’s the scoop on both.

Both canola and rapeseed belong to the cabbage or mustard family. The plants' flowers both have that characteristic bright yellow color, and you get oil from both of the seeds by crushing the plants.

That said, they have a couple key genetic differences. Canola was created through plant-breeding in order to get rid of two undesirable components of rapeseed.

Rapeseed oil and canola oil also get mixed up because they can be labeled incorrectly outside of Canada and the United States.

512Ah6IehCL._SY550_.jpg

Canola=CANadian OIL.
It is a good cleaner. I use high temp wheel bearing grease on AKs and supressor pistons. Synthetis motor oil in things that cannot use grease.

After the Fireclean reveal some time back I started playing with using a concoction of vegetable oils. They clean very well but gunk up over time. I stopped tinkering with them.

Picked up a can of the Ballistol at NRA this year and this is my go-to for right now. Hoppe's is still in the lineup as well and I like the way CLP cleans when you leave a heavy coat in the bore for a day or two.

Oh and X10 on grease for sliding parts. I use my wife's makeup applicators to apply a thin film. She was generous enough to donate a couple to the cause.

OP - give the canola a try. Just don't use it on a firearm you have to defend yourself with.

Back
Top Bottom