• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Has anyone ever washed their guns?

Ok, so I think the better question is: How do you guys NOT get your guns soapy and wet when showering then?
2.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.com_92_46_7816bb9799a80472cacf4735d1fc3e81698cdc3a36f99a91ec901dfb6.jpg

In basic training at benning at sand hill the laudry room with the big sinks had the hottest water you have ever been around would clean those m16's like new good new for all you new recruits.

I bought a used Glock 36 that was, hands down, the filthiest firearm I have ever seen. I ran a large bowl of hot water and Dawn dishwashing soap, broke the Glock down to the bare frame, soaked all the components, scrubbed them down, repeated the process, and dried, lubed, and reassembled it.

I had never done that before (or since), but I didn't know what else to do. It was a caked up, gummed up mess.

As long as you don't take to much time between taking them out of the water/soap and get them lubed up real quick there shouldn't be any problem. They do the same thing with car uni-bodies. After they sandblast them they have to wash them down to get all the loose debris out and then get them into primer immediately.

Back
Top Bottom