• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Has anyone on here been successful investing in real estate? What program or who's program did you follow or did you go at it on your own?

testdepth

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
51   0
Reaction score
Curious to know who on here if anyone invested or invests in real estate. There are so many videos from different people it's hard to know who's telling the truth and who is scamming. I used to watch a guy years ago named Carlton Sheets but never went down that road.

Del Walmsley
Kris Krohn

I think there are a few guys here who know a thing or two. I'm no expert by any means, but I would think now isn't a good time to get in. I could be wrong though.

I would wait for the blowout...which will be occurring directly. Prices will be dropping like a rock.

Other than that, you make your money when you BUY. You cannot "improve" your way out of a bad purchase.

I buy and hold, so I study the rental market.

Get a good handle on repair costs and begin to assemble successful contractors/agents/wholesalers, etc. and get them in your orbit. You really won't succeed in this arena without assembling a great team to work with and for.

I think there are a few guys here who know a thing or two. I'm no expert by any means, but I would think now isn't a good time to get in. I could be wrong though.
Buying in a ‘down economy’ is a long term investment. Remember they recently printed 5 trillion dollars.

When the new normal shakes out, things like gold, diamonds, and real estate, are going to be worth more in the future.

Just for example. The NFA was created in 1934. In 1934 an ounce of gold was $30. And doctors, lawyers, and journeyman craftsmen earned about one dollar a day.

Today gold is $1,659.30 USD just because of printing money

Buying in a ‘down economy’ is a long term investment. Remember they recently printed 5 trillion dollars.

When the new normal shakes out, things like gold, diamonds, and real estate, are going to be worth more in the future.

Just for example. The NFA was created in 1934. In 1934 an ounce of gold was $30. And doctors, lawyers, and journeyman craftsmen earned about one dollar a day.

Today gold is $1,659.30 USD just because of printing money
Yeah that makes sense. I guess when I see down economy, but prices are still pretty high and slowly coming back down it looks like if he waited a little longer he could get better deals. Not sure we'll see levels below 2020 again, but at least better than what the beginning of 2022 looked like.

I’ve looked at the “lifestyles unlimited “ website, even paid the $175 to access all
The info .
Seems like a solid plan.
And they have owners who will show you their books , show what they paid, show what it cost for renovation, show what the expenses Are , show what the profit is etc

They have a group of 10 or 12 people pool the money for the required 30% down payment on an apartment complex .

The value of a House is based on what nearby houses recently sold for. The value of a commercial business property like an apartment complex is based on the profit .
Increasing the profit 10% raises the value of the complex 30%

So if the profit can be increased by 10% , you can refinance and pull your down payment back out , or sell the complex for 30% more than you paid .
And a complex is usually large enough to support a leasing agent and a maintenance guy , so the investors don’t have to deal with any of that .

Back
Top Bottom