• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

has anyone seen this? UNBELEIVABLE

I agree this was a tragedy and the Birk SHOULD be punnished more than just fired. I think it should amount to at least manslaughter. I won't go around tarring and feathering COPS for this one idiots crime though. I watched several videos regarding the incident and was struck by something said in another. The report says that "since the shooting, native American groups have been working with the police to improve relations". Man it is so refreshing to see people working TOGETHER with cops rather than just trying to brand ALL COPS as evil racist murderers.

One other thought. I know someone is going to make some sarcastic comment but I am being serious and not demeaning. I bet the family and friends of Mr. Williams(the victim) wish the cop had used a tazer. All those who moan about the evils of the tazer should think how this situation could be less tragic if the cop had simply used less than lethal force. Not attacking the man in the first place would have been best but at lest with a tazer the victime might still be alive.

Yeah, I generally give LEO every benefit of the doubt, but..........damn. There are just so many other safe alternatives to putting five rounds in the guy. One thing, a couple of people here have said the guy was shot in the back. What the medical examiner said was that he couldn't tell if he was or not. Just trying to be accurate. With that said, why the he77 couldn't he tell? That makes no sense to me. Sorry to all the LEO on here, you know I love you guys, but this one really looks bad.

This cop must have been a rookie on a power trip. Maybe they should train their officers a little more before giving them live ammo. I just cant bring myself to beleive the officer feared for his life before killing the Mr. Williams and his little pocket knife.

Though it was a tragedy, the cop has to live with that the rest of his life. I know that there is a 21ft rule with knives, which means if the person has a knife withing 21ft (7yrds), you can use deadly force. Now we dont see how close the man was, I would assume it played out like something like this
cop approaches the deaf and mute victim (see I said victim)
the victim obviously cannot hear so the cop gets closer to get his attention
the victim somehow realizes the cop is there and not knowing why
since he cannot speak or hear he walks towards the cop and the cop not knowing why the person has turned towards him with weapon in hand, he shoots first to ask questions later.

Not saying that occured, but I have been in situations similar and it is hard to tell what the persons motives are, especially if they do not hear you or understand English

I will say, Seattle looks pretty clean, you will not see such clean streets in ATL

Though it was a tragedy, the cop has to live with that the rest of his life. I know that there is a 21ft rule with knives, which means if the person has a knife withing 21ft (7yrds), you can use deadly force. Now we dont see how close the man was, I would assume it played out like something like this
cop approaches the deaf and mute victim (see I said victim)
the victim obviously cannot hear so the cop gets closer to get his attention
the victim somehow realizes the cop is there and not knowing why
since he cannot speak or hear he walks towards the cop and the cop not knowing why the person has turned towards him with weapon in hand, he shoots first to ask questions later.

That's all fine but I read that the knife he had wasn't even open when they found it. Someone said that it must have closed when it hit the ground.:confused:

Back
Top Bottom