• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

has anyone seen this? UNBELEIVABLE

This definitely makes it look more like he very well could have been threatening with the knife.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/26474404/detail.html

"Ford showed Birk the knife that Williams was carrying and said that when Birk approached the body, Birk saw that the knife was closed.

"Did you think, 'My God, the knife is closed'?" Ford asked.

"Nothing of that specific nature went through my mind," Birk said. "It did surprise me that the knife was closed, having just seen Mr. Williams holding the knife open in his hand. So I have no idea how that knife was closed (or) if it was the knife I saw initially or not."

I understand now. After being shot and before dying, Mr. Williams closed his lock back knife, guess he didn't want the blade to get dull from hitting the pavement.:doh:

http://www.kirotv.com/news/26474404/detail.html

"Ford showed Birk the knife that Williams was carrying and said that when Birk approached the body, Birk saw that the knife was closed.

"Did you think, 'My God, the knife is closed'?" Ford asked.

"Nothing of that specific nature went through my mind," Birk said. "It did surprise me that the knife was closed, having just seen Mr. Williams holding the knife open in his hand. So I have no idea how that knife was closed (or) if it was the knife I saw initially or not."

I understand now. After being shot and before dying, Mr. Williams closed his lock back knife, guess he didn't want the blade to get dull from hitting the pavement.:doh:

That means nothing. I can open mine in the same move that I would slash or stab with. The officer saw an open knife before he approach. In fact, that's why he approached. If the nut case turned aggressively at close range without dropping it I can see why he fired. Remember, I came down on the side against the officer to start with, but with the history of increasing instability and aggressiveness this guy had shown it does create, in my mind, a more likely possibility that it went down exactly as the officer said.

I also question what others have said in favor about the guy that got shot. To make him a more sympathetic character they were claiming he was def. He obviously was not. That shows a clear attempt to cause bias in favor of him.

Last edited:
That's all fine but I read that the knife he had wasn't even open when they found it. Someone said that it must have closed when it hit the ground.:confused:

dont know. like Ken Ford jus showed, the guy appeared not to be deaf/mute as previously reported and was a drunk that told the female officer that he would kill the police. So, dude is known to be belligerant, drunk and carrys a knife, one that was just open before the cop to approach him and what occured was not recorded, we are all just playing "Armchair Quarterback" here

Not playing "Armchair Quarterback" here, the cop shot a man who he said had an open knife. In his own words, when he went over to the man he just shot, the knife was closed. I admit, I'm not the sharpest tool around but I cannot see anybody taking the time to close his knife while getting shot 5 or 6 time with a 9mm handgun from 9 feet away. It looks like the police procedure to paint any shooting victim as bad is working.

If the "dude" was know to be belligerant, drunk, carrys a knife, with a history of increasing instability and aggressiveness, why didn't the cop call for backup? If the guy was so dangerous, more cops should have been on the scene.

Not playing "Armchair Quarterback" here, the cop shot a man who he said had an open knife. In his own words, when he went over to the man he just shot, the knife was closed. I admit, I'm not the sharpest tool around but I cannot see anybody taking the time to close his knife while getting shot 5 or 6 time with a 9mm handgun from 9 feet away. It looks like the police procedure to paint any shooting victim as bad is working.

If the "dude" was know to be belligerant, drunk, carrys a knife, with a history of increasing instability and aggressiveness, why didn't the cop call for backup? If the guy was so dangerous, more cops should have been on the scene.

He didn't expect the guy to be that dangerous.
If the officer was lying and wanted to cover his a$$ why didn't he just open the knife before anyone else got there?

Back
Top Bottom