• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

has anyone seen this? UNBELEIVABLE

i get nevrous when i see them and im not even doing anything wrong

Seems to be a lot of shoot first ask questions later in this new breed of law enforcement. I hope that some of the veteran LEOs can get these young bucks schooled up.

"Us" vs "Them" mentality.

I hear all of this stuff about doing what you have to do to go home at the end of the shift. Dammit, I want to go home to my family at the end of the day as well and I don't need some trigger happy cop impeading that.

Last edited:
He didn't expect the guy to be that dangerous.
If the officer was lying and wanted to cover his a$$ why didn't he just open the knife before anyone else got there?
I think some people took a side prematurely and cannot adjust, even a small bit. Most of the the initial media coverage is biased to the "victim" because family is the only ones that will speak to the media before a investigation is complete.
Family always see their loved one as perfect angels. Partially because it's hard to sue if you admit the truth and partially because they have an actual biased towards family.
It is not usually apparent what the true nature of a person is until information outside the family is obtained.

Seems to be a lot of shoot first ask questions later in this new breed of law enforcement. I hope that some of the veteran LEOs can get these young bucks schooled up.

"Us" vs "Them" mentality.

I hear all of this stuff about doing what you have to do to go home at the end of the shift. Dammit, I want to go home to my family at the end of the day as well and I don't need some trigger happy cop impeading that.

Im sure alot of the "new breed" officers have just came out of military and/or with new training from videos showing where officers asked the perp 1000 times to drop the weapon, became victims because at that time, cops had to almost "wait" until they were shot at first. This mentality that you speak of is what gets people killed, on both sides. I see no difference than when officer in the 70's were Vietnam Vets and had seen the horrors of how someone "innocent" looking turned out to be bad.

I hate the man died and was shot, but none of us saw what occured, for all we know the man might had it open and then was in the processing of closing it when he was shot, but if he walked towards the officer, no person in their right mind would walk towards an officer with a weapon, so he was killed. It is sad and Im sure the officer wished he did something else

If the officer was lying and wanted to cover his a$$ why didn't he just open the knife before anyone else got there?

You're kidding, right? In the middle of town with people all over the place, just shot a guy 5/6 times and he's going to reach down and open a knife without anybody seeing. I guess y'all really do think that us citizens are stupid. Good gosh. Have a nice day.

I think some people took a side prematurely and cannot adjust, even a small bit.
Family always see their loved one as perfect angels.

I can adjust to anything and the family ain't got a dang thing to do with this. It's all about the video and what the cop that shot the guy said.

You're kidding, right? In the middle of town with people all over the place, just shot a guy 5/6 times and he's going to reach down and open a knife without anybody seeing. I guess y'all really do think that us citizens are stupid. Good gosh. Have a nice day.

Uh, they open with one had, he is a cop, "stand back folks". If your a$$ is on the line it would be pretty easy to just crouch down and open the knife. Also, what's up with the " y'all really do think that us citizens are stupid"? I'm not LEO and never have been. I'm just another citizen like you. I just don't think that anyone with a badge is the enemy. I realize that 99.99999% of them are good folks and I appreciate what they do.

Back
Top Bottom