• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Has anyone tried a LaRue tactical QD cantilever scope mount?

MRH

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
God, family, guitars, and guns.
208   0
Reaction score
I have been thinking about buying one of these to mount on an AR, so I can transition to irons from magnification with quickness, and still holding zero. It seems like a good QD mount would be a decent solution for utilizing a weapon's full potential...Besides the guy behind it, of course.

Has anyone owned one of these and are they worth the $210 price tag?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...=B00Z7G9XF0&ie=UTF8&linkCode=xm2&tag=t0782-20

Can you give an example of when one would need to rapidly take of a scope to transition to BUIS? Like in a firefight? Some sort of competition?

Yes, they SUCK... plain and simple. they don't return to zero and Ive seen several either move under recoil and wear a channel in the receiver slots

Thanks. Its hard to know which reviews to trust.

Can you give an example of when one would need to rapidly take of a scope to transition to BUIS? Like in a firefight? Some sort of competition?

Name it. Getting as much practical use out of a weapon is important to someone on a budget, like me.

Yes, when you have multiple Eotech Failures in your company right before a mission. 1SG to company "take them all off"

I'll look into some of these others.

I just need a solid mount that can detach quickly and hold zero or close to zero when I reattach it.

I want the choice of magnification for 100+ yards. It will be a smaller scope, but enough to get me out there to 300.

I want to be able use my iron sights at shorter distance.

I can hit 300 with irons once I'm dialed in, but with a scope it will be much quicker and easier, and with more one shot capability.

A red dot with a magnifier does not intrigue me in the least.

Nightforce Unimount. Has 2 nuts, 1/2" each. Still quick and easy to remove and, in my experience, returns to zero when a torque wrench is used. About the same price as the Larue.

I concur with REDX on his opinion on Larue QD mounts. In addition, I've seen them gouge up and mar many Picatinny rails.

Back
Top Bottom