• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Has anyone tried a LaRue tactical QD cantilever scope mount?

I've shot them on several rifles since the 1990's.Never had an issue with them returning to zero or anything of the like.They have been used on 5.56,6.8,and now 308.They can occasionally be found used on AR15.com Equipment Exchange for less $$.Like all equipment thorough and proper use is essential.My most recent 308 AR turns in slightly less than MOA with my reloads and the LaRue mount.Removed it to put on a Comp m3 Aimpoint for awhile then replaced the MK4 with the LaRue.No noticeable change in POI,YMMVH

My LaRue qd mount came with a wrench to dial in the tension once it is clamped down so it won't come loose but also won't Mar your rail when you clamp it down.

I personally own(ed) and would recommend Larue, ADM, and GG&G. ADM is the best value and easiest to find on sale. GG@G for when you want lightweight. And Larue for when you want the dillo dust. :D They all RTZ just fine so long as you use the same slots and push forward when tightening. Below is an image of an RTZ test Recoil Web did with many of the major brands.

And I'd personally avoid Bobro. Here's a thread that just popped up yesterday where the lug screws sheered off, and that's not the first time I've seen that issue. http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_18/712608_Bobro-Mount-Fail.html Also there is a video or two of people moving the mounts forwards/backwards once locked.

10277038-648109495299310-3716879192166036411-n-119908.JPG

Can you give an example of when one would need to rapidly take of a scope to transition to BUIS? Like in a firefight? Some sort of competition?

I use QD all the time for easier switching between a day scope and NV/thermal scopes for hunting. And sometimes I use them quickly when I want to just go lightweight and scan/shoot with one thermal scope at night.

I can't comment on the scope mounts, but I've used their Aimpoint mount (M68 CCO? I'd have to look) for eight years on my DD rifle. You have to adjust the tension, but it will eventually wear some of the finish. I haven't had any true marring/gauging, though. Always returns to zero.

Bobro is good-to-go. I've had one of their 1" scope mounts for five years that has outlasted the two scopes I've put in it. In the Bobro's defense, they were cheap scopes. It is a PITA to deal with the upside down fasteners. It's always held zero, so long as the scope was working.

As for the why: I keep an Aimpoint on my AR for plinking and home defense, but swap it out for hunting, then swap back when I come in. No re-zeroing, no headaches.

Back
Top Bottom