• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Has there ever been a bad BBQ joint thread here?

I like Riverfront BBQ in Lee County, GA. I always get a couple of pounds to take to the family in Virginia at Christmas. It's very reasonably priced.

If you're passing through Sylvester, GA, try Fat Boys Backyard BBQ. It's good.

If you get within 100 miles of Raleigh, this place is about 8 miles off 40 and well worth the trip. I lived 5 mins from here. They have not changed a thing in 30 yrs. Its as old school perfect as it gets. Ribs on fridays only. Pitcher of tea and basket of hot hush puppies as soon as you sit down. They do chopped whole hog over wood only. Ive never had better

http://www.ncbbqsociety.com/trail_pages/stephensons_large.html

If you get within 100 miles of Raleigh, this place is about 8 miles off 40 and well worth the trip. I lived 5 mins from here. They have not changed a thing in 30 yrs. Its as old school perfect as it gets. Ribs on fridays only. Pitcher of tea and basket of hot hush puppies as soon as you sit down. They do chopped whole hog over wood only. Ive never had better

http://www.ncbbqsociety.com/trail_pages/stephensons_large.html

I'm up there a lot. I'll give it a shot.

Anybody ever tried Amos BBQ on High Tower Rd - just off Hwy 369 in Ball Ground/Macedonia area?

Been by it many times, but never tried it. Just wondered if it's any good?

Their breakfast is the best on that side of the county. BBQ is decent. Better then 2 brothers is now.

2 Brothers use to be the ****. Once the saw dust got removed from the floor, quality went with it.

Bubba Que in Woodstock is good but man it hit the wallet hard.

JD is hit or miss, but when it's a hit, its a 10.

I wouldn't eat Southern Soul on SSI to save my life. How it has won so many awards is beyond me.

Yes thats a good one, but theres a big difference between ENC and WNC. East, they focus on smoke and salt for flavor, west has a lot more focus on sauce. Both done right is as good as it gets.

i cant disagree. Both beat the pants on this dry Ga meat with over spiced, over sweet ketchup they call sauce

i cant disagree. Both beat the pants on this dry Ga meat with over spiced over sweet ketchup they call sauce

Worth repeating, most Georgia BBQ is ham, not shoulder or whole pig. It's dry, dry, dry, and so it's covered in thick sweet sauce and called "good." (edited to add that "Boston butts" or "pork roasts" are the upper part of the shoulder, and make good BBQ.)

Some of it is "not bad", but it's not "good" if you use Lexington BBQ as your standard.

Back
Top Bottom