• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Has there ever been a bad BBQ joint thread here?

Since your from Calhoun
do you have an opinion on Character's Famous BBQ in Adairsville
seen him on 'Pit Masters' he seemed to have a lackadaisical attitude

I have traveled all over the country and have eaten BBQ everywhere. With that said, Michael's BBQ is some of the best I have ever had. His brisket is every bit as good as anything I have had in Texas.( I waited in line 1 time for 6 hours at Franklins, just for the experience.) Just MAKE SURE you ask for the sauce on the side! He drowns his meat in sauce for some reason.

His pulled pork is spot on, his ribs are good and the sausage is great.

And I think his Mama bakes cakes for him.

I won't name names. But there's a long-standing one in Woodstock. Couple locations and a third in another town. First one had the flavor cooked into the hole-in-a-wall location. Couldn't get enough...it was great just the way it was. Dumpy & delicious.

Then they moved, cut the menu in half and hired a bunch of children to run it. We don't go there anymore...

And I pray Amos' in Ballground never follows suit of those guys, because they're the best!!

Moonies Texas BBQ in Flowery Branch is pretty decent, but the prices have gone up....rising meat prices, I understand. Pretty good brisket for Georgia, average for Texas.
We really like Moonies & the fact that you can get the brisket lean, so you're not paying for half fat.

Smokin Po Boys in Winder is ok, had them cater an event & we didn't get what we had paid for, but the food was good.

Saw somebody mention Wallace's in Austell & know locals who love it, but it's only so so from the half dozen times I've eaten there. Reminded me of Sonny's now, small portions & didn't taste that great.

Found 2 recently. I’ll updates pics of their failures shortly:

Georgia Butts BBQ on Lake Oconee
Uncle Chet’s BBQ in Jefferson

Both were just sad.

Back
Top Bottom