• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Has there ever been a bad BBQ joint thread here?

If you ever find yourself in or nearby Thomson GA, you owe it to yourself to stop by Pea Ridge BBQ in Dearing Ga.
It's only open Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
Just a little unassuming block building with about 5 tables in the joint.
It is absolutely amazing, real wood smoke, and so delicious!

Just curious. Traveling through Dothan Friday we stopped at Dobbs for lunch. YUGE mistake. Can't believe they've been in business since 1910.

View attachment 2852472

What are some of your "Oh Hell Naw!" BBQ places?
BBQ Street...gone now but I told them their pork tasted like my little league first baseman's mitt.
they did credit the meat and were closed within a few months.

Just curious. Traveling through Dothan Friday we stopped at Dobbs for lunch. YUGE mistake. Can't believe they've been in business since 1910.

View attachment 2852472

What are some of your "Oh Hell Naw!" BBQ places?
I've never stopped there but I get about 20 pictures of the place every year when friends are on the way to PC.

There used to be a place in Forsyth called This Little Piggy...it had absolutely reached the bottom of the barrel and started to dig. Understand they may be out of business now thereby relieving any else of the pain of eating there.

Spiced Right in Roswell used to be decent years ago, then it suddenly got terrible. No idea if it's even still there. I hope not.

I don't feel like looking up the name of it or if it still exists, but there was a "BBQ" place across the street from Bullseye in Lawrenceville that was absolutely terrible.

Another "bbq" place inside a gas station less than 2 miles from my house, I think it's called the tipsy pig, supposedly won several Best of Gwinnett awards, so I assumed it would be decent, but alas was barely edible either time I tried it.

The only place I've been to in Georgia for bbq that I will return to is Heirloom Market. I stop there anytime I am in the area and they are open and will even drive a good ways out of my way to go there. They do add a Korean twist to a lot of their menu items though, so some people may not like it.

I've enjoyed eating here. Traditional and Asian (Korean) fusion bbq and sides. If they have their kimchi hush puppies make sure to try those!
I worked near there for a while, ate there about once a week. It was good, generous portions. Regularly places best in Atlanta, which I'm not sure about. Problem with "Best of Atlanta" is that 80% of the people voting think Castleberry's from a can is o,k, Que.

I worked near there for a while, ate there about once a week. It was good, generous portions. Regularly places best in Atlanta, which I'm not sure about. Problem with "Best of Atlanta" is that 80% of the people voting think Castleberry's from a can is o,k, Que.
I used to sell that (Castleberry's) and I thought it was (is) wretched. You can use it in a quick canned ingredient facsimile of Brunswick Stew.

There used to be a place in Forsyth called This Little Piggy...it had absolutely reached the bottom of the barrel and started to dig. Understand they may be out of business now thereby relieving any else of the pain of eating there.
They are closed, and the joint was mediocre or bad sometimes. The pork chop, though. Dammitboy, that was special. I would get one of those, no sides, and another two to go for me and the wife for supper. God I miss that smoked hunk o deliciousness

Back
Top Bottom