• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Have we ever done an IDF clone/KISS carbine picture thread?

the one pictured is a PK firearms A1/C7 stripped upper that i "completed"....but i initially bought a dpms from cdnn for like $60....both anchor harvey forged and looked and felt identical.

100% Colt Carbine, every part Colt, except the KAC barrel extension nut in pic 3
DSC03235.JPG

A1 rear sight aperture replaced with A2..."Iron Sights For Iron Men"
DSC03220.JPG

New Colt Barrel (Date Stamped 12/17) KAC Spacer, Peel Washer, Regular A2 Flash Supressor, Pin/Weld by ADCO = Non NFA Compliant Barrel that is .2 Inches Longer than the standard NFA M4 barrel, as short as you can get and still be legal without a stamp
DSC03246.JPG

Roll Mark
DSC03244.JPG

The Complete Lower was an ODT Purchase. Every other part sourced from Arfcom (BCG, Upper, Stock, Delta Ring Kit, Gas Tube, A2 Rear Sight) Rome Gun and Pawn (Forearm floating around in a $3 excess parts bin box) and Brownell's (Barrel). Took me a little over a year and a half to source all the parts, looking for rock bottom deals that could be found in the post Obama AR apocalypse. I have $688 and some change in the rifle. Pretty good deal for an all Colt Carbine. Last Pic:
DSC03234.JPG

100% Colt Carbine, every part Colt, except the KAC barrel extension nut in pic 3
View attachment 1533418

View attachment 1533425

New Colt Barrel (Date Stamped 12/17) KAC Spacer, Peel Washer, Regular A2 Flash Supressor, Pin/Weld by ADCO = Non NFA Compliant Barrel that is .2 Inches Longer than the standard NFA M4 barrel, as short as you can get and still be legal without a stamp
View attachment 1533428

Roll Mark
View attachment 1533431

The Complete Lower was an ODT Purchase. Every other part sourced from Arfcom (BCG, Upper, Stock, Delta Ring Kit, Gas Tube, A2 Rear Sight) Rome Gun and Pawn (Forearm floating around in a $3 excess parts bin box) and Brownell's (Barrel). Took me a little over a year and a half to source all the parts, looking for rock bottom deals that could be found in the post Obama AR apocalypse. I have $688 and some change in the rifle. Pretty good deal for an all Colt Carbine. Last Pic:
View attachment 1533470

Man, I dig it!

View attachment 1533418

View attachment 1533425

View attachment 1533428

Roll Mark
View attachment 1533431

View attachment 1533470

i love everything but the m4 stock. it is “idf clone correct” but then again so is the car stock. i dunno i just like the cleaner look and feel of the car.

great job though - now you got me thinking i should replace all my a1 rear sight apertures with a2.

edit to add: a1 grip > a2 grip.

i love everything but the m4 stock. it is “idf clone correct” but then again so is the car stock. i dunno i just like the cleaner look and feel of the car.

great job though - now you got me thinking i should replace all my a1 rear sight apertures with a2.

edit to add: a1 grip > a2 grip.
Yeah, I would like to have a 6 hole skinny Colt hand guard and Fiberlite stock......but a good buy on those is $100 each these days. More than I am willing to pay.

I really prefer the A2 same plane rear sight over the A1. Actually the upper with the A2 rear sight aperture, A1 type fixed carry handle, Brunton Button and round forward assist is the later version of Colt's RO723 upper. While many refer to that configuration as a C 7, you can actually find the same upper on a C 8 and RO723. Colt has always referred to that upper configuration as an "A2 with Field Sight". I guess in the end it's really more of a RO723 clone than an IDF clone.

Back
Top Bottom