• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Have you conceded your 2A rights?

Lol everyone is all about falling in line with the feds but I am the Commie fudd. Please get as many stamps as you want.
The majority of you have missed the point of the OP but that is not uncommon here.
Are we doing goon ****?

Attachments

• 16429063905566909376817158598042.jpg
    16429063905566909376817158598042.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 16
So has any person, any political leader, any appellate court or Supreme Court judge, ever said that because a large number of people have complied with a law, the law is automatically valid and no longer subject to any constitutional challenge?

A lot of people paid poll taxes in order to vote, too. That didn't convince the Supreme Court they were allowed under the Constitution, when such taxes were eventually challenged in court. (That didn't happen until 1966, though, in Harper vs. Virginia Board of Elections).

The idea that the people's compliance with a law is evidence of the law's validity is even more ridiculous when the people's compliance came not only after the law was passed, but even after the highest court in the land ruled on it and said it doesn't violate the Constitution !
(See U.S. v. Miller, from the US Supreme Court, 1939).

Everyone who has paid a tax stamp and asked the government for permission to own a suppressor, SBR or SBS have created the precedent for registration of whatever the government wants to legislatively move to the NFA list.
They will use the argument that an "assault rifle" or braced pistol is for all intents and purposes just as dangerous as a SBR or SBS. Everyone who has a stamp for one of those has conceded that doing so does not infringe on their 2nd amendment rights.
This is the part of your thread where you dip out and don't talk about goon ****

Everyone who has paid a tax stamp and asked the government for permission to own a suppressor, SBR or SBS have created the precedent for registration of whatever the government wants to legislatively move to the NFA list.
They will use the argument that an "assault rifle" or braced pistol is for all intents and purposes just as dangerous as a SBR or SBS. Everyone who has a stamp for one of those has conceded that doing so does not infringe on their 2nd amendment rights.
Please post up your unregistered sbr's, sbs's, full autos and suppressors. I'll wait.

Of course, I'll assume that you don't have a carry permit? Have never completed a 4473?

You wanted them bad enough to ask for permission to have them and pay for the privilege. If you are ok with that more power to you. When they add items to the list fill out your form and pay for your stamp. You do you my friend.
You can just add them to your list of things that you don't need, like sbr's and suppressors as you mentioned above.

Thanks for playing, elmer

Off topic but in response I am going to guess every court that has sent people to prison for not paying taxes does not share your interpretation of the applicable statutes .
I agree the IRS is a horrible institution and I support the Fair Tax. If I could avoid paying taxes I would.
How far off topic? Play the game to not go to jail. Tax collection at the tip of a gun. The power of the government to pass unconstitutional laws and place you in jail if they catch you?

I appreciate your post as informed and thought out. I do take offense at being called ridiculous when I am not discussing the law’s validity. They will use the compliance as an argument for the legislation putting new firearms on the list.
Their argument will be
“If you believe an SBR is ok to-be on the list why not an AR? They are the same other than a difference in length. One is as equally as destructive as the other “
I am done repeating myself and once people resort to memes the thread is done.

I appreciate your post as informed and thought out. I do take offense at being called ridiculous when I am not discussing the law’s validity. They will use the compliance as an argument for the legislation putting new firearms on the list.
Their argument will be
“If you believe an SBR is ok to-be on the list why not an AR? They are the same other than a difference in length. One is as equally as destructive as the other “
I am done repeating myself and once people resort to memes the thread is done.
Free men don't ask

Back
Top Bottom