• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Have you conceded your 2A rights?

Can you give an example of "massive wave of non compliance" when it comes to gun control that you have seen in your lifetime?
Do you think everyone turned in their bumpstocks or threw them in the trash? Do you know how many people have SBRs and dont care. Look at the compliance rate in NY for all the heavy handed magazine laws passed a few years back. Non complaince dosent have to be some demonstartion or civil war, just people saying so what and going on with their lives.

"Some waiting"? The same way a 400# woman is carrying "some extra weight"? $200 excise tax on somethings that in some cases shouldn't cost $200 to begin with. I wonder how everyone would react if a law was passed requiring a 50% tax on all firearms purchases.... for.... you know..... 'administrative costs'. I wonder how that would fly? Apparently just fine with a bunch of folks. Again, if you don't see it for the further infringement it is, I'm not sure what to tell you. I'm against a 4473 as well as ANY citizen walking around freely in society ought to have the ability to purchase a firearm, but at least I can walk in, walk out in minutes and be on my way without paying any money or unnecessary time for the 'privilege' of exercising my 2A 'rights'. And let's not fool ourselves, at this point, it is a privilege instead of a right.
i mean 2-3x a year silencershop will pay your tax stamp...

Do you think everyone turned in their bumpstocks or threw them in the trash? Do you know how many people have SBRs and dont care. Look at the compliance rate in NY for all the heavy handed magazine laws passed a few years back. Non complaince dosent have to be some demonstartion or civil war, just people saying so what and going on with their lives.
I understand that but those numbers are inconsequential to what I'd consider 'massive non compliance'.
Let's get that AWB passed again with no grandfathering and then we'll test the mettle of gun owners. But I'm betting I know what that answer will be....
"Do I just video myself destroying it, do I need to pay the fedx bill myself, or should I hand deliver it to a destination of your choosing, sir?"

I understand that but those numbers are inconsequential to what I'd consider 'massive non compliance'.
Let's get that AWB passed again with no grandfathering and then we'll test the mettle of gun owners. But I'm betting I know what that answer will be....
"Do I just video myself destroying it, do I need to pay the fedx bill myself, or should I hand deliver it to a destination of your choosing, sir?"
I gave solid scenarios, they are not small numbers at all. You give a scenario that is not happening. Even in that situation the AWB focused on the manufacturers, average people still came up with work arounds.

I gave solid scenarios, they are not small numbers at all. You give a scenario that is not happening. Even in that situation the AWB focused on the manufacturers, average people still came up with work arounds.
I know literally countless gun owners. I can count the number of bump stock owners and NY gun owners I know on one hand with 5 fingers left over. (No clue on illegal SBRs but I suspect I'd still have fingers left)
The next AWB will be aimed at you, not manufacturers. But if you don't see the problem with the NFA, I can see how you don't think that's a 'threat' either.

So by complying with an unconstitutional edict we're actually 'winning' and 'sticking it to the man'? Ok...... There's some 3D chess.

I have zero interest in trying to convince anyone to NFA or not to NFA (the freaking thing is an embarrassing disgrace and should be repealed but nobody reading this will live to see that happen). People do whatever they can justify to themselves (on any topic). I just view the 'giddiness' with which some announce that their nanny has sent them their approval to exercise their 2A rights as depressing as can be.

It’s not about winning or losing. It’s about reality. At current time the only way to legally own NFA weapons is to jump through the hoops setup to discourage ownership.

Would I like for it to be different? Absolutely. I don’t live in that different world though so I will jump through the hoops I need to to own the things I want to own.

An advantage to ownership is the opportunity to educate those who didn’t know about NFA weapons and the stupidity of the laws. I make a point to spread the NFA love to all who I can I have expanded NFA ownership 10 fold since my fist stamp.

The more of us there are, the stronger we are.

I know literally countless gun owners. I can count the number of bump stock owners and NY gun owners I know on one hand with 5 fingers left over. (No clue on illegal SBRs but I suspect I'd still have fingers left)
The next AWB will be aimed at you, not manufacturers. But if you don't see the problem with the NFA, I can see how you don't think that's a 'threat' either.
No one said NFA aint a problem, but acting as if it is so far beyond what all the other gvt overreaches spoke about in this thread seems actually a bit ridiculous.

I actually am in both those catgories in your second sentence….

It’s not about winning or losing. It’s about reality. At current time the only way to legally own NFA weapons is to jump through the hoops setup to discourage ownership.

Would I like for it to be different? Absolutely. I don’t live in that different world though so I will jump through the hoops I need to to own the things I want to own.

An advantage to ownership is the opportunity to educate those who didn’t know about NFA weapons and the stupidity of the laws. I make a point to spread the NFA love to all who I can I have expanded NFA ownership 10 fold since my fist stamp.

The more of us there are, the stronger we are.
At what point would you NOT participate?

Back
Top Bottom