• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Have you ever walked up on a rattlesnake!

Jamescg

Default rank <1500 posts Supporter
President of the neckbeard club
96   0
Reaction score
My brother and I were walking in tall grass at my uncles farm in Alabama I looked to my left for some reason and saw it a wrist thick rattlesnake coiled up in the grass, we stopped unable to move from fear, I drew my pistol and took aim, that’s when I heard a rattle from behind us, we slowly look around and we were surrounded I heard rattles all around, at least 4 or 5 rattlesnakes, slowly we backed out the same footprints we walked in on, we got back to the truck and took off, my heart was pounding. I have had a gun pulled on me before and that was not as scary at those rattlesnakes. What’s your story?

1656103440680.jpeg

Rattlesnake Den Mountain trail Smoky Mountain National Park circa 1985. It was stretched out across the trail/fire road sleeping in the sun. My hiking buddy saw it and stopped me from from stepping on it just in time. 13 rattles with the tip missing. RIP Mike Howard and thanks again for the good save.

A realtor was showing my wife and me 20 acres of land with pine trees, small pond and somewhat tall grass. He seemed to be walking rather fast for us, but I presumed it was because it was a warm day and the land was what it was. A week later I brought my Father with me to walk the area and give me his opinion. Thankfully, he was savvy enough to think about what critters might be out there with us. Sure enough, at one point he told me to freeze and pointed to where my next step would have been. There in all of it radiant glory was a coiled rattlesnake wanting to say hello. My Father and I immediately stepped backward and decided we had seen enough. Thanks, Dad. Love you.

Back
Top Bottom