• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hazy scope

Shyboo

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
73   0
Reaction score
Anybody here know where I can get a scope fixed locally for my dad. Don't want to send it off. Redfield 3200 24x got hazy recently

Attachments

• IMG_20220226_165921.jpg
    IMG_20220226_165921.jpg
    302.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20220226_165804.jpg
    IMG_20220226_165804.jpg
    341 KB · Views: 11
I assume this is scope has some sentimental value attached. I dont know of any company that repairs optics outside of the manufacturers. I doubt Leupold has parts to fix this old of an optic but they are the first folks I would try.

I assume this is scope has some sentimental value attached. I dont know of any company that repairs optics outside of the manufacturers. I doubt Leupold has parts to fix this old of an optic but they are the first folks I would try.
You assume correct. I told him to buy a new one. Lol

You'll almost certainly have to ship it out, I'm not aware of anyone in Georgia doing repairs. These guys below used to be the go-to for older Redfield repairs..

Optics should not be cleaned with glass cleaner. Glass cleaner strips the surface coating off. Use disposable lens wipes only.

You'll almost certainly have to ship it out, I'm not aware of anyone in Georgia doing repairs. These guys below used to be the go-to for older Redfield repairs..

Thank you sir

Optics should not be cleaned with glass cleaner. Glass cleaner strips the surface coating off. Use disposable lens wipes only.
This is an internal issue.

If there is any way possible for you can get it fixed under warranty, that's your best bet. You'll spend far more money than the scope is worth to pay someone to fix it. And then you still have no guarantees

Back
Top Bottom