• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

HB859: "Campus Carry" Bill Introduced by Rep Jasperse

GCO's e-mails are for members only, not the general public. That's why they are resistant to cut-and-paste.
It's simple enough to go on the internet and find the contact info for the key people that need to be contacted.
Here, it's just the Governor, right? I've called twice, sent e-mail once, and hard-copy printed letters once on HB 859.
(And I did all the same things for HB 1060, also).

AP News : Deal: No decision yet on allowing guns on Georgia campuses

Gov. Nathan Deal said Wednesday at a ceremony to sign another bill that he's listening to "passionate" people on both sides of the issue. Deal says he has a hard choice to make but will do what's best for as many Georgians as possible.

He indicated a decision won't come until next week.

Deal has until Tuesday to sign or veto the measure.

Doesn't he have til Wednesday?

Everyone needs to call Deal's office
To email the governor, you must go here and fill out the form.

If you wish to write him, feel free to do so. Governor Deal's address and phone number is below. Address:

Office of the Governor
206 Washington Street
111 State Capitol
Atlanta, Georgia 30334
Phone: 404-656-1776
Fax: 404-657-7332
Done. My response:

"Hello Governor Deal
My name is ***** ******, and I am a resident of Gwinnett County. I live in Snellville, GA. I write today, because I have never written a similar letter to a government official or a body regarding an issue. But, the recent passage of HB859 and the issue regarding whether or not you will sign or veto it had me frustraded, and concerned.
I am currently a student at Georgia Gwinnett College, where I attend night classes after working 10 hour shifts each day. I am 35 years old, going back to school to better my life, and the life of my two children who are 5 and 8 years old. I am also a responsible gun owner with a Georgia Weapons License. Currently, I have to leave my weapon locked in my vehicle as the current law dictates. I would prefer to carry it on me, and not put it at risk of being stolen in my vehicle, especially since GGC was just recently named one of top 3 schools that has a high number of vehicle vandalisms. My wife is also attending another school in even rougher area, where she is exposed to possible violence, rape or other crimes without her being able to LEGALLY defend herself.
I am asking you to consider the fact that Texas has passed a similar law, and no legal gun owning student has committed a crime with a gun yet. It simply will not happen with someone like me and most legal owning, responsible, law-abiding citizens. I just want to be able to give my children a better life, and be able to protect myself, and my family. My right to bear and keep arms and to protect my life, should not be limited to my home or my vehicle, but also inside a classroom, where I could be most vulnerable.
Please pass the Campus Carry bill now. Do what is right for Georgians, and not outside groups pressuring you to veto it."

Dr. Staton has been named as the Chancellor of East Carolina University effective on July 1.

No word yet as to whether or not the UNC President and Board of Governors appointed him to that position over his actions in the Georgia legislature in 2014. ;)

Dr. Staton has been named as the Chancellor of East Carolina University effective on July 1.

No word yet as to whether or not the UNC President and Board of Governors appointed him to that position over his actions in the Georgia legislature in 2014. ;)

Liberal birds of a feather...

Back
Top Bottom