• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Health Insurance

Before my youngest son was born I was cash paying all medical care, including prenatal and his delivery. It was still cheaper than insurance. Since he has a medical condition, I had to get insurance when he was born. My premium & total out of pocket are about three times higher than it was when I last had insurance (about 6 years ago). Not to mention I lost my insurance this year and had to go with one of the 2 available options.

Insurance is only half the problem. Drs, contracts, malpractice insurance, non payers, government. All of them make it worse. Drs should have to price services up front.
Government should pick a few serious issues and cure them. For example polio.
Drug companies don't help matters either.
For 3 people I pay $861 a month and have a 6k deductible. I don't ever remember meeting my deductible.
Bcbs ga increased my premium from last year by 27% so I changed plans and made sure to not be in the exchange. Guess what! No one takes the new plan which costs the same as the old one did. Next year I'm going to call the CEO of bcbsga and tell him to go **** himself. I'll try Humana next year and I'll ask every dr in town which plans they take. Bcbs Alabama was totally different. Why? Nonprofit. . . . Profit is one thing. Being crooked assholes is another. Two years ago bcbs took a random $280 from my bank account then denied it. I raised hell for months before I got it back. Some months they'll charge me for two months. $1700+. Thanks a lot assholes.

I had a 40 year career in life and health insurance. Worked for a couple large companies, but spent most of the time as an insurance examiner for state insurance departments. So much of what you hear in the MSM is just flat wrong.

Example...by state law in every state a pre-existing condition can ONLY BE DENIED during the first 2 years coverage is in place, after that it HAS TO BE COVERED.
Another...a lot of companies cannot "sell across state lines" because they are only licensed in one state. BCBS of Georgia is only licensed in GA....period. United Healthcare of GA is only licensed in.....Georgia. There are very specific reasons insurance companies do this, they aren't run by stupid people, and like every other business they operate to make a profit.

And "single payer" also means "single denier"....and Medicaid/Medicare for all would bankrupt every doctor, clinic, hospital and medical provider in the country because the reimbursement levels are so woefully low.

Example....my doctor charges about $200 for an office call, Medicare allows about $60, then pays 80% of that, $48, then deducts another $3 as a "federal adjustment", so he gets $45. If every patient was on that same payment system, he could not keep his doors open. His malpractice coverage probably costs him $100k/year. It is so screwed up now that it can never be fixed. Thanks Barry and the Dems.....for nothing.

Don't get me started on this. My blood pressure is already up.

I am glad I am removed from this mess, but worry greatly about my 2 sons and grandson, because Obama and the Democrats ruined it for everyone. I am just sick over this, because it didn't need to happen, there were much easier and less disruptive ways to "fix" the problems with the uninsured.

And unless you hold designations from IRES, FLMI, HIAA and ICA, and have worked in the industry like I did, don't even bother to respond.

I have free Heath care.. Of I course I may die before any operation is done, most of my Doctors can't speak or understand English, I have to drive halfway across the State to see one. It takes months for an appointment, and my last operation, they had the wrong medical records in surgery but as luck would have, I saw the wrong name and notified them before I passed out.. Welcome to the wonderful world of the VA... But Hey.. It's free.. If I hadn't been shot twice & Blown up, soaked with agent Orange, I wouldn't need the care.. Did I mention it's free??:doh:

Christian Healthcare ministries anyone? I can give you a referral code for it. Or Medishare? I've had it a few years and I guess you can call it a purely catastrophic plan. Gets you out of the tax. I mean penalty.

It has 3 levels from 65? a month to 150 a month

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

20% increase last year 20% increase this year, deductible from 5k to 13k, copay went up $5 and the prescription formulary got shorter. So thankful the government did me a solid and made healthcare affordable. :faint:

Back
Top Bottom