• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hear Act introduced to ban Suppressor

Silencers are already heavily regulated, but they are the easiest gun accessory to make at home.

This law will do nothing to stop their use by criminals. Speaking of which, was the silencer used by the Va Beach shooter registered?
My question has always been this. If it's the National FIREARMS Act then why are suppressors included? They are not firearms and you can't fire a single round of any caliber with just a suppressor. So having these accessories regulated by the NFA is as stupid as adding bipods or scopes to it.

The President, and probably most ordinary Americans, seem to be concerned about silencers being available to the public even with the NFA registration,investigation, and taxation. They want to ban silencers. But this based on a misunderstanding of how they work. They think silencers make guns "silent" just like Hollywood shows. In a movie, you can take out a silencer at a coffee shop and shoot the person next to you in the armpit and tell everybody else in the room that he had a heart attack.

So in my hypothetical, I am asking if we in the gun community, ---IN THE FACE OF A TOTAL SILENCER BAN ( or ending all new silencer registrations the way they ended new machine gun registrations back in 1986)---

---could we accept a compromise where only truly Hollywood movie quiet suppressor use with subsonic ammo is banned, and the can/gun/ammo combinations that just take down the noise level of a high velocity gun shot to a "hearing safe" level (that is still sounds pretty darn loud and can be heard for hundreds of yards outdoors) will not only be legal, but unrestricted?

I'll admit this idea may appeal to lawyers, and I recognize that it probably wouldn't appeal to persons that have their heads up their asses. I guess they'd rather see all silencers banned, and ATF stop processing all Form 4 transfers or Form 1 builds for any silencer or silencer components.

The President, and probably most ordinary Americans, seem to be concerned about silencers being available to the public even with the NFA registration,investigation, and taxation. They want to ban silencers. But this based on a misunderstanding of how they work. They think silencers make guns "silent" just like Hollywood shows. In a movie, you can take out a silencer at a coffee shop and shoot the person next to you in the armpit and tell everybody else in the room that he had a heart attack.

So in my hypothetical, I am asking if we in the gun community, ---IN THE FACE OF A TOTAL SILENCER BAN ( or ending all new silencer registrations the way they ended new machine gun registrations back in 1986)---

---could we accept a compromise where only truly Hollywood movie quiet suppressor use with subsonic ammo is banned, and the can/gun/ammo combinations that just take down the noise level of a high velocity gun shot to a "hearing safe" level (that is still sounds pretty darn loud and can be heard for hundreds of yards outdoors) will not only be legal, but unrestricted?

I'll admit this idea may appeal to lawyers, and I recognize that it probably wouldn't appeal to persons that have their heads up their asses. I guess they'd rather see all silencers banned, and ATF stop processing all Form 4 transfers or Form 1 builds for any silencer or silencer components.
What gun/suppressor combo is as silent as Hollywood? I’ve shot practically every caliber suppressed, and with sub Sonics, but have yet to come across a combination that’s silent as you’d see in Hollywood.

Not even a suppressed 22 is like Hollywood.

Negative Ghost Rider, the pattern is full....

Cheeto man want to ban whisper pickle.

Cheeto man bad.

People relied too heavily on what his son was saying for him. He’s a lifelong New Yorker. His gun views are different than our’s. Always were. He’s so desperate to be known as a good president he will do anything to go down in the history books.

Back
Top Bottom