• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Heard county boys

Outdoorlife99

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
Just wanting an up date? Looking to take some time off in ne t week or two. Hunting Franklin area, what’s you option or past experience. Thanks

I live and hunt in Franklin and the season has been real slow so far. Since Oct.20 i have yet to see a deer and have only heard 2 gun shots. I work from home so i spend alot of time outdoors during hunting season and this has been the quietest season i can remember. The rut should be kicking in soon so hopefully activity will pick up. Got to love the wisdom of a 12 a year bag limit. At least the insurance companies are happy.

Been seeing deer about every sit. Killed a nice 8 point two weeks ago that was going from bed to food. Lots of scrapes started showing up in the last week which is about average. On this particular tract in the NE part of the county we usually see the most chasing around Thanksgiving week. Other tracts I hunt, more toward the south western part, will be around the first week of December. Really looking forward to the colder weather forecast for early next week, it should be really good for movement.

Back
Top Bottom