• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Heart attack

Praying for you and palmettomoon palmettomoon , been close to going down that road. I've had a cath and a nuclear test several years apart with no issues found other than abnormal PVC's. Heart issues are scary things, hope you both mend quickly.........

Praying for you and palmettomoon palmettomoon , been close to going down that road. I've had a cath and a nuclear test several years apart with no issues found other than abnormal PVC's. Heart issues are scary things, hope you both mend quickly.........
Stay on top of it and (OP too) don't let a good test result fool you. I had a good, clean nuclear stress test 4 months before my "Big one."

Stay on top of it and (OP too) don't let a good test result fool you. I had a good, clean nuclear stress test 4 months before my "Big one."
So far I've been good even though I am considered "morbidly obese". BP is under control, my Cholesterol has always been good. I can lose weight when I push myself, just been lazy about it lately. The hospital doctors put me on medication for my PVC's after my hip replacement surgery while I was recovering because they found the issue while monitoring me in my room. Went for the nuclear after I healed up a little and was told I didn't need to be on the heart meds because I was asymptomatic. Been good so far, try to limit caffeine and don't smoke or drink alcohol. I've always been a big guy so I guess I'll keep praying that God will keep the old ticker going like it should despite my shortcomings. Get well my brothers!

I am amazed on how cardiac care has advanced in our lifetime. I can remember hearing about the first heart transplant in 1967, the use of pigs valves as replacements. I have been fortunate enough to witness open heart surgery (on someone else) and watch the team put the patient on the bypass, then stop the heart, work on it, then shock it back to normal sinus rhythm and now, it is almost like drive thru surgery - 3 or less stints, please use left lane and slow to 15 mph.

Wishing the OP a speedy recovery.

To palmettomoon - you have got to be one lucky character...congrats!

OP I wish you the best, get well soon! I have had two heart attacks, 1st one February of 2002, 2nd November 2002. Now have had 7 stents placed. Still kicking! Just not quite as high as I used to. Good luck and as others have stated follow your docs advice.

Back
Top Bottom