• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

HEART RATE INCREASE WITH LOUD, SUDDEN, SURPRISE NOISES

greg vess

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Elite Idiot
120   1
Reaction score
Over the last six or seven years I have developed a severe anxiety reaction to loud sudden unexpected noises. I mean my body goes into cringe mode when I get startled. It's not that I'm a coward because I don't run it's just that my body instinctively cringes and my anxiety levels raise enormously. Does else have this problem since you gotten old. When I was younger it didn't bother me I would just look over to see what the problem was. Now That I'm Older my body seems to react very differently than it did when I was young in several ways. Not as bad in other areas is in these loud noises that just provoke a sudden jerk and my heart rate increases dramatically. I swear one of these days is going to give me a heart attack. The other day I was going down the highway and I was right beside an 18-wheeler when he had a blowout. I like to s*** myself on it when that went off.

boom.gif

Over the last six or seven years I have developed a severe anxiety reaction to loud sudden unexpected noises. I mean my body goes into cringe mode when I get startled. It's not that I'm a coward because I don't run it's just that my body instinctively cringes and my anxiety levels raise enormously. Does else have this problem since you gotten old. When I was younger it didn't bother me I would just look over to see what the problem was. Now That I'm Older my body seems to react very differently than it did when I was young in several ways. Not as bad in other areas is in these loud noises that just provoke a sudden jerk and my heart rate increases dramatically. I swear one of these days is going to give me a heart attack. The other day I was going down the highway and I was right beside an 18-wheeler when he had a blowout. I like to s*** myself on it when that went off.
I see by your avatar that you are a bulldog. I am a shiatzu and have the same problem. lots of dogs have this problem. July 4th is hell on me. I have to take medication to keep from having a heart attack.

Had the same thing happen to me. High anxiety, sensitive to loud noises and high B/P.
It was one of the B/P meds I was on. Stopped that med and the issues went away. If your on any meds look up the side affects.

Back
Top Bottom