• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Heavier Buffer Question AR9

Yep absolutely. It will extend the life of your Bolt catch/latch for sure. I’ve seen bolt latch break off of more than one AR-9 if you have LRBHO take a look and see if it’s getting chunks knocked out of it from your bolt slamming into it hard. Mine was peening pretty badly shooting suppressed, over gassed, and I did the quarter trick and it’s not degraded any more. I would change buffer spring and buffer but I’m about to approve and want that stock I was showing you in the other thread which comes with a proprietary buffer and spring so I’ll just wait
So I checked the LRBHO and it wasn't beat up too bad, but you could tell where the bolt was impacting it. I also put $1.50 in the rear of the tube and it seemed to really close that gap with the different spring and buffer I just put in. I put in the buffer spring and buffer out of a PA10 lower. The spring was about an inch or two longer than the one that came out. The buffer was marked H from the PA10, the one coming out of the FX-9 wasn't marked. But the H is definitely heavier.

So to sum that up... added quarters, added ar10 buffer spring and buffer to my pistol FX-9. I just shot 75 rounds. I loaded 3 to 5 at a time making sure the last round would lock open and it did. I also took the can off and shot it unsuppressed and it still cycled and locked up fine. I think this thing needs a heavier bolt or something. I might look for some extra power springs or something if anyone has a link?

This thing rocks.

JP has an excellent bolt. I run 4 of them with and without JP CSS Also the quarters are the trick with spings You've gotten good advice on here ! If you don't want to use quarters Frontier Armory makes a spacer that's nice .

So I checked the LRBHO and it wasn't beat up too bad, but you could tell where the bolt was impacting it. I also put $1.50 in the rear of the tube and it seemed to really close that gap with the different spring and buffer I just put in. I put in the buffer spring and buffer out of a PA10 lower. The spring was about an inch or two longer than the one that came out. The buffer was marked H from the PA10, the one coming out of the FX-9 wasn't marked. But the H is definitely heavier.

So to sum that up... added quarters, added ar10 buffer spring and buffer to my pistol FX-9. I just shot 75 rounds. I loaded 3 to 5 at a time making sure the last round would lock open and it did. I also took the can off and shot it unsuppressed and it still cycled and locked up fine. I think this thing needs a heavier bolt or something. I might look for some extra power springs or something if anyone has a link?

This thing rocks.
I’ll see if I can find it but I believe it’s made by KAK industries and it’s an adjustable 9mm bolt that includes a lot of combinations of weights to make any weight you need. I remember wanting one haha

Well you guys made me go waste money ! Just ran 200 rounds thru my 4.5" integral suppressed 9mm with Dobbs can , Maxim stock with captured silent spring , side charging upper on a Quarter Circle 10 lower with my 17 year old daughter. We had fun !
Pics of the integral! How’s the maxim look/run on it? Quarter circle 10 is good stuff man

I'm old and really not good with the tech. I have no idea how to post a picture. Yeah I know sad ! I'll take a picture tomorrow and see if I can't figuire it out ! Yeah I've had the QC10 for almost 3 years and really like it. I got one of the first 50 Maxims sent out. I have 4 on various SBR builds 5.56 , .300 BO and two 9mm , one is a "arm brace " .

I'm old and really not good with the tech. I have no idea how to post a picture. Yeah I know sad ! I'll take a picture tomorrow and see if I can't figuire it out !
Look Like this-ish?

188CA02D-BB4A-4798-A543-199CFDB1E446.jpeg

Yeah kinda. Nice set up ! I favor Colt mags. I'm running side chargers re MAS outa NC . Using ALG rails Close looking to your black one
Nah those aren’t mine I was just searching the Internet looking for one that met your build to get a feel for looks
Mine is still a pistol, I’m at 10 months on my Form 1 and want to go with a PDW stock myself. I too use the Colt fed lower (like it much more than the Glocks) but can’t decide what stock for sure yet! It will be approved anyday now.

This is mine
24914DA5-9A93-444F-89FD-7E625ACC0C5A.jpeg

Maxim is offering there stocks now with their own brand of buffer and spring. Got my last Maxim at Lanbo's Armory a lot less than most were selling them for ! This is the best pricing I found three months ago . My last 9mm build was unintentional. I stumbled across a Spikes 9mm lower complete minus trigger for $ 112 ! That's the truth ! Tried to get two but they only had one !

Back
Top Bottom