• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Heckler and Koch on the verge of going out of Business

No, more Wars for a while. Our military is now recovering from constant Wars. Plus, I have have a child and nephew's in the Military. If, we are attacked OK, let's go to War, but no bull**** Wars like Bush n Cheney put us in!

It was really tongue in cheek..! Prayers from above for your family in harms way.

They did exceptionally well during two world wars, France ought to be getting nervous

Actually, H&K was founded by a bunch of Mauser engineers well after WWII. They were not allowed to design firearms in post-WWII Germany, so they went to France for a bit, and then to Spain to design the CETME. By that time they were able to come back to Germany and work on firearms, so they did and founded HK.

Interestingly, HK almost went bankrupt right out of the gate...

They submitted their G1/2/3 guns for German Army trials, but the army picked the FAL. However when Germany asked the Belgians for a license to produce the FAL in Germany, they balked. I guess getting invaded twice on 50 years or so left them a little skittish about helping Germany build an arms industry.

With the FAL out of the running, the Army chose the G3 to replace it, and the rest is history.

My VP9sk was an awesome pistol. But most of the HK pistols I have had the trigger could have been much better. Why they insist on such a clunky trigger on such a fine weapon makes no sense and is a sign that they are tone deaf as to what the end users want. But I did end up getting rid of the VP9sk when the P365 came out.

From what I saw on Forgotten Weapons, HK had to meet very strict German Army drop safe requirements, and one of the ways they did it was to make the triggers very heavy. On commercial firearms they can use a much lighter trigger.

Actually, H&K was founded by a bunch of Mauser engineers well after WWII. They were not allowed to design firearms in post-WWII Germany, so they went to France for a bit, and then to Spain to design the CETME. By that time they were able to come back to Germany and work on firearms, so they did and founded HK.

From what I saw on Forgotten Weapons, HK had to meet very strict German Army drop safe requirements, and one of the ways they did it was to make the triggers very heavy. On commercial firearms they can use a much lighter trigger.

They succeeded. Like putting a dump truck tranny in a Corvette.

Lower the price where normal people could afford their SP5's and their money troubles would be over. I would buy tomorrow and lines would be long going out of the gun stores to do the same. $2,5000 isn't going to happen on my budget.

Yup, that should be HK's business plan.

Make civvie versions of all the cool stuff here in Columbus so they don't have to deal with any of the crazy 'assault weapon import ban' garbage (Gee, thanks Bush... or was that Regan? I get my anti-2A 'conservatives' mixed up sometimes).

Back
Top Bottom