• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

HECKLER & KOCH UNVEILS NEW MODULAR RIFLE – HK433

Ill toss in my 2 cents. Yes, it looks like an ACR copy but that does not mean it shoots like one. Ive had an uzi clone made in China. It was a uzi, sure. It was also a piece of monkey trash. My IMI uzis are good to go. Never had a single issue. I own several HK products. They do cost a lot but they run and I feel I get my monies worth. Its all about the user and what the user wants.

Case in point is my Galil. Yes, its heavy as **** , not the most ergonomic and its just flat out ugly. However, the action is like butter, the accuracy is suburb and the recoil impulse is next to nothing. Sure I could have bought 6-7 AR-15s for the same money but that aint what I wanted. I wanted the 1983 Magnum research imported IMI galil ARM 5.56. So, I made it happen.

If they release these rifles here Ill go check one out. If it feels good I may buy one.

View attachment 1395559[/QUOT
Ill toss in my 2 cents. Yes, it looks like an ACR copy but that does not mean it shoots like one. Ive had an uzi clone made in China. It was a uzi, sure. It was also a piece of monkey trash. My IMI uzis are good to go. Never had a single issue. I own several HK products. They do cost a lot but they run and I feel I get my monies worth. Its all about the user and what the user wants.

Case in point is my Galil. Yes, its heavy as **** , not the most ergonomic and its just flat out ugly. However, the action is like butter, the accuracy is suburb and the recoil impulse is next to nothing. Sure I could have bought 6-7 AR-15s for the same money but that aint what I wanted. I wanted the 1983 Magnum research imported IMI galil ARM 5.56. So, I made it happen.

If they release these rifles here Ill go check one out. If it feels good I may buy one.

View attachment 1395559
what about that RPD in the background? Inquiring minds and all.

What about that RPD in the background? Inquiring minds and all.

The original ACR didn’t come out of Bushmaster, it came out of Skip Patel of Cobb Mfg. He invented the ACR and the BA-50 (then called the FA-50) at Cobb Mfg, then was bought out by Bushmaster. The original ACR’s were excellent guns, I can’t vouch for the Bushmaster versions.
Got to meet Skip a couple months ago. Super nice guy.

Dat eye! He took care of me. I got a DRD Paratus that had issues.

I was doing a test fire for some out of town folks for Skip, using the DRD Tactical Kivaari .338 Lapua, at the old Legion OTG (now called Arena Training Facility). Skip was gonna get there before me so I called th folks to let them know. I told them, “Ya can’t miss him.......he looks like a terrorist and sounds like a redneck.”

What about that RPD in the background? Inquiring minds and all.
Just a standard DSA model. Runs well. No real issues other than that special rifle wanting to spit screws. It’s just a range toy but I enjoy it a lot . It’s a hoot .

This thread kinda got emotional ( not you but others ) . I like what i like firearm wise and my tastes are screwed up as I like vz61s and other flat out borderline useless firearms .

I’d say i would not use 80% of my firearms in any self defense capacity at all. They are only range toys , there for my own personal amusement . Like that rifle from HK. It’s nice but I don’t carry new anything . I like my stuff battle tested .

Lol at calling the HK G36 groundbreaking. Having been issued a military grade G36 to carry into harms way (ie select fire) I can state from first hand experience that it’s a craptastic rifle. Building a sub-par rifle is hardly new or groundbreaking.
Arnt they being sued over that rifle being so ****ty?

Arnt they being sued over that rifle being so ****ty?
Pretty much. That g36 was a huge failure . That is sort of complex as there is a lot of finger pointing . HK makes a ton of good stuff . Statistically they were well overdue for them finally making a piece of garbage . The G36 is it

Back
Top Bottom