• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hell is coming to Breakfast

slick

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
75   0
Reaction score
In 1968 in Vietnam, I took some pics of Puff the magic dragon and flares coming down. The VC had some troops supposedly crossing the river and they sent up three C47s.
If you have never heard the sound of mini guns, it is certainly unique. I'm glad I wasn't underneath that.
RVN Puff.jpg
RVN3.jpg
RVN5.jpg

Been so long since I discovered Puff's capabilities that I plumb forgot the utter devastation possible, but I do remember it is one BAD BIRD! Glad you made it home brother, THANK YOU!

Wow! Those are some incredible photos slick slick , thank you so much for your service and sacrifices! I've never seen or heard the C-47 in action but I did have the privilege of witnessing the AC-130 Spooky Gunship over Hurlburt Field in Fla. when my youngest son was stationed at Eglin AFB. One night when we were visiting him he & I were out on the patio having a smoke when all hell broke loose. A joint training exercise started with the Air Force and Special Forces, the AC-130 opened up the biggest can o whoop ass I've ever seen & heard! It was the most awesome and fearsome display of firepower I've ever seen in person, my son said "That's what FREEDOM sounds like dad". I can't remember which Gatling type gun it had but first we'd see the tracer fire and about 6-7 seconds later hear that BRRRAAAAPPPPP!! Then that big ass 105mm busted off a few rounds. I could actually feel it when the 105mm cannon went off, it was freakin' badass! I got goose bumps watching and listening to that plane circling above, we also could hear the Special Forces on the ground with all their firepower too. I still feel honored and privileged to have been a witness to that.

Back
Top Bottom