• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hello.... .327 federal...?

Smith & Wesson chambered at least two revolvers in .327 Federal; the 632 and the 622.

Ruger did the SP101 and the LCR in .327 Federal.

Charter Arms did a 6-shot and a 7-shot revolver in .327 Federal.

Taurus did the Model 327; 6-shot, stainless steel, 2” barrel, and offered it with a standard DA/SA hammer and with a DAO bobbed hammer.
I never did any hard looking cause it surfaced then sort of went under relatively quick. Stuff that stands out gets hype pretty fast in the mainstream gun world.

Stuff chambered like that is usually more expensive also... :bull_head:

Smith & Wesson chambered at least two revolvers in .327 Federal; the 632 and the 622.

Ruger did the SP101 and the LCR in .327 Federal.

Charter Arms did a 6-shot.

Try to find one of the S&W.

I have the 6 shot Charter, and it is what the other manufacturers should have done. Small lightweight , with the revolver reliability.

I also have a Ruger S/A that I converted from .32 H&R. I really like it, because it's a good field gun, especially with the variety of loads.

The round hasn't gained traction IMO because it's so expensive for what most peope view as a plinker round, and not a serious self defense load,

It was supposed to offer the same ballistics as .357 magnum, but with a smaller diameter and therefore better capacity. The issue is that it quite clearly did not mimic the ballistics of true, full power .357 magnum.
Maybe an anemic .357 load, as so many factory rounds tend to be...

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

32 H&R mag and 327 mag only make sense if you handload. I have several 32 mags that are a blast to shoot and they make awesome varmint poppers.
I have a little Ruger Single Six in 32 H&R Mag. What a sweet shooting little trail gun! Of course, I mainly shoot cast boolits at 32 S&W L velocities...

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom