• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hello Again. Blue Beret Firearms is back!!!

What's up fellas? Some of you may remember me as a home based dealer from a few years ago. I was located in Springfield, GA just outside of Savannah. I have relocated to Florida just outside of Jacksonville and have finally obtained a new FFL.

I am still home-based and just getting back up and running. If you're looking for something, give me a shout. PM me here, email me at BlueBeretGuns@aol.com or text me at 904-226-2415.

I look forward to becoming an active ODT member again.

- Gary

Will you be setting up a Website? I would support a fellow " Defender"!!

I am still home-based and just getting back up and running.
Welcome back. I have a question if you will. When I last looked at obtaining an FFL ('93) they'd upped the requirements to the holder having a brick and mortar location zoned appropriately. That knocked me out since I wasn't looking to open a shop. At that time there were thousands of 'kitchen table' FFL dealers across the nation and the BATFE (tax collection agency) was actively trying to reduce that level of freedom. Have the regs changed since then and do you no longer have to maintain a B&M location for your license? Thanks.

Welcome back. I have a question if you will. When I last looked at obtaining an FFL ('93) they'd upped the requirements to the holder having a brick and mortar location zoned appropriately. That knocked me out since I wasn't looking to open a shop. At that time there were thousands of 'kitchen table' FFL dealers across the nation and the BATFE (tax collection agency) was actively trying to reduce that level of freedom. Have the regs changed since then and do you no longer have to maintain a B&M location for your license? Thanks.

B&M and Zoning requirements/restrictions are generally local requirements, not Federal. For example: I'm a home-based FFL in a residential area. My property is zoned residential. My county has strict requirements that you cannot operate a commercial business (generate traffic) without a zoning exception. Therefore, I can't sell/transfer guns in person until I file for an zoning exception ($900 application fee). Additionally, some counties require a home occupation license. Effingham required it and costs $100 per year. In the FL county I'm in now, there is no requirement for home occupation license. Each state and county varies.

The advent of the internet has changed a lot of things as far a "businesses" are concerned.

Back
Top Bottom